• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 109,154
  • Replies 279
  • Likes 21
D

Deleted User

OP
Don't forget that even if this is a false alarm, the battery desync that will occur by leaving your Switch in RCM mode for too long is real. So don't stay in RCM mode for too long. TX people shouldn't leave their Switch on the TX menu screen because it won't sync the battery properly.
That battery desync issue can be fixed by having your switch fully charged. and Have it fully charged for about a hour or 2. And then drain the battery. And repeat until it's re synced.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
It is not a completely false alarm, in some cases you would still need to open the Switch, and unplug / replug the battery if stuff hangs, so keeping the Switch charged and not leaving it in RCM is still recommended even if it can't "brick" your Switch.

D

Deleted User

OP
It is not a completely false alarm, in some cases you would still need to open the Switch, and unplug / replug the battery if stuff hangs, so keeping the Switch charged and not leaving it in RCM is still recommended even if it can't "brick" your Switch.
but how would you encounter those "some cases"

D

Deleted-442439

OP
but how would you encounter those "some cases"
upload_2018-5-25_6-10-21.png

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the electrical or hardware schematics of the Switch, nor do I know what specifically happens electrically during charging

But what if we had a bunch of people armed with multimeters open their switches and check the batteries to see if any current is going into/through/whatever them during RCM while connected to a charger?

surely you devs and other people have switches and multimeters to do this right
This is actually the best way to find out because this is how trickle charging works essentially. The controller doesn't have power, but a low current is usually let through by other means which will slowly add energy to the cell(s). It does seem to work on the Switch but I won't say definitely one way or another.

I think it would be a very poor design decision though. It's pretty much inevitable a Switch battery is going to reach the same point in somebody's time with it, with or without autorcm or cfw, nor the battery actually being dead.

And yea, I just dont want to open mine by the way. I guess I can if Im forced to >_>;

Last edited by EclipseSin,

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Let’s just agree no battery state calls for multiple switches or multiple batteries at hand.

Just some panic research on google or the forum.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
Let’s just agree no battery state calls for multiple switches or multiple batteries at hand.

Just some panic research on google or the forum.

Yep, but there certainly is "battery states" in the broader definition of the term that would require a second battery :ha:

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Lacius If the battery is dead, you can't boot into RCM and then can't boot into Horizon. The Switch will not be able to do anything, as it needs to be booted into Horizon to accept a charge through the USB port.
that's strange... I was able to charge from dock in rcm...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah. it charges fine. my switch has died on me while playing, so i just charge it.
same here

D

Deleted-442439

OP
Maybe it'll serve you better to stop parroting developers, then, when you clearly have little to no understanding of what they're saying?

I completely understood what they were saying, if you look at the Discord that was the general consensus. Kate however later said that there was a form of charging unknown to other devs, after everyone else was certain that what I wrote in OP was the case.

It is better to be safe than sorry, so posting this was the responsible be thing to do until new information was presented.

tottti1914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
so does that mean using any usb c to a (with/out 56 k ) would be the same to run payload as we cant charge in rcm ?? or do i miss somthing

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Using AutoRCM at this point is a bad idea anyway. Once sleep mode is fixed, it'll be fine, but at the moment there are too many issues with Hekate to use it as a permanent solution. Not being able to access the album is also a pain as some games (at least Super Mario Odyssey) make use of it to save hints. Maybe there are Hekate payloads that don't include the HBL as photo album feature, I don't actually remember.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Using AutoRCM at this point is a bad idea anyway. Once sleep mode is fixed, it'll be fine, but at the moment there are too many issues with Hekate to use it as a permanent solution. Not being able to access the album is also a pain as some games (at least Super Mario Odyssey) make use of it to save hints. Maybe there are Hekate payloads that don't include the HBL as photo album feature, I don't actually remember.
This. Hekate was fun to mess with... But there's no practical reason to use autorcm at this point and time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill