• Replies 279
  • Likes 21

Solutioni9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a brand new non-patched Switch running 4.1.0. I was able to successfully hack it, enabling RCM mode with a jig, loading up Hekate and Atmosphere without any issues. Played a few backups and everything was great.

Over the weekend, I left my Switch charging using the stock adapter that came with it. I left it charging and unattended for roughly a day. I came back, unplugged the Switch and woke it up from Sleep mode. I then wanted to throw another game on the SD card, so I turned the unit off (held down Power button for 5 seconds and tapped Turn off.)

The device turned off. I tried turning it back on but it simply won't turn on anymore. I tried power cycling it, holding it down for 15 seconds, tried enabling RCM mode again (Power+Volume Up), letting it charge an entire day, etc....Nothing works.

Now I'm not sure if AutoRCM was enabled. But should I try injecting a payload to it again and/or connecting to Tegra again?

Solutioni9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If AutoRCM was enabled, you don't need to slide in the jig and hold the + and power button.
Yeah I'm not sure if it was enabled. When I initially set it up, I remember looking for the option but couldn't find it. I'm going to try enabling RCM mode via Tegra when I get home today. It's just weird that I had 91% battery life when I manually turned it off and now it won't even start. Although the black screen I'm seeing is hard to tell if the thing is in recovery mode or not.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
When you press only the power button, and the switch turns on. Then is autorcm disabled. You can enable it with briccmii, reinx toolkit, sx os or with hekate in the tools option.

Solutioni9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you press only the power button, and the switch turns on. Then is autorcm disabled. You can enable it with briccmii, reinx toolkit, sx os or with hekate in the tools option.
Ok i will check. Right now, when I press Power button, it does nothing and I cannot see if it is in RCM mode. I been reading different posts here and I have a feeling that it's just booted in RCM mode with a black screen and that I have to inject Hekati payload again.

Solutioni9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM Mode=Blackscreen ;)
I apologize for the double post but here is the update!

Indeed, AutoRCM was enabled. I'll admit, I was pretty stupid. It somehow slipped my mind that when turning OFF the Switch, I would need to inject the payload again after enabling RCM mode again. I also got confused because RCM mode is literally a black screen of nothingness and it is hard to tell whether or not the screen is already on or off.

Anyway, I plugged the Switch into my laptop, held down volume + and Power, and injected Hekati via TegraGUI. All is well.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, bumping a random topic about AutoRCM that has some activity for noob clarification.

I've enabled AutoRCM and all seems to be working well, but I've confused myself with online research. If I power my switch off through normal means (pushing power button -> power off) am I correct to think this doesn't shut it down now, but puts it into RCM mode?

To actually power off do I need to boot into hekate and select power off?

Thanks

Reactions: Solutioni9e

xXBossXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
EDIT: It turns out Tux was wrong, Kate has since clarified the PD controller has a mode for charging the Switch in the event of no power. So the Switch can not be bricked, but you are still unable to charge in RCM.

However this can sometimes fail, if that happens you will need to unplug / replug the battery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since users are reporting battery issues (I have experienced this myself) I thought this thread was necessary:

If you use AutoRCM please be aware that the Switch does not charge while in RCM mode.

For the Switch to charge it needs to be booted into Horizon / CFW. As Hekate does not support sleep mode, it is advised to always charge the Switch to 100% in OFW before using any CFW, and keeping it at a acceptable level before turning it off.

If you completely drain the battery to the point of not being able to even enter RCM (with autoRCM) you will be unable to do anything, requiring you to remove the battery and charge it externally / in a other Switch etc. to be able to boot at all.

The battery also still drains in RCM mode, so always hold down power for 12+ seconds to ensure the system is powered down.

You will know that your Switch is charging if you see the green / red battery icon in the top right corner when you plug in a charger, also note that plugging in a charger while off will boot the Switch into RCM and thus end up draining the battery rather than charging it.

No Autorcm:

Console will boot if a charger is plugged in when powered off.

Autorcm:

With power: Console will default to RCM if a charger is plugged in. (can't charge until Horizon is booted).

No power: Console will not be able to do anything, if the PD controller gets stuck you will need to plug in / unplug the battery.

View attachment 125069
Youuu saved my life

xwizzard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left my AutoRCM switch in standby for a few weeks, came back to it and it would not boot, payload injector didn't recognize RCM, so I assumed it was a dead battery. Plugged in stock charger and left it alone for about 12 hours. According to this thread, it should have loaded RCM once power was connected, and not been able to charge? In my case, however, after disconnecting and injecting payload with laptop and TegraRcmGui my switch had 100% battery. Does RCM ever "time out", or does it stay on, waiting indefinitely?

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm did not know this even was a thing.
Left my superbanned Switch which has Auto RCM on alone for roughly 3 months I guess.
Didn't start, no rcm, no nothing, no 12 sec reboot etc..

Charging did not seem to work form dock. Short led indicator came on but could not turn it on normally.
Left it on a powerbank for a couple of hours. (maybe 3 hours)
Then did a 12 sec power hold just to force it. And it worked like normal.

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m in the same boat. Haven’t used this switch in months. Figured I’d update atmosphere while off. Copied new folders and merged. Plugged in the system...no rcm detected....unplugged looked at ds card again in pc.....put it back in and plugged to pc....auto rcm detected now, but system won’t boot. Says payload injected successfully, but screen stays black.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1