1. Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently got a brand new non-patched Switch running 4.1.0. I was able to successfully hack it, enabling RCM mode with a jig, loading up Hekate and Atmosphere without any issues. Played a few backups and everything was great.

Over the weekend, I left my Switch charging using the stock adapter that came with it. I left it charging and unattended for roughly a day. I came back, unplugged the Switch and woke it up from Sleep mode. I then wanted to throw another game on the SD card, so I turned the unit off (held down Power button for 5 seconds and tapped Turn off.)

The device turned off. I tried turning it back on but it simply won't turn on anymore. I tried power cycling it, holding it down for 15 seconds, tried enabling RCM mode again (Power+Volume Up), letting it charge an entire day, etc....Nothing works.

Now I'm not sure if AutoRCM was enabled. But should I try injecting a payload to it again and/or connecting to Tegra again?

2. Bigkahuna28

Bigkahuna28 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes give it a try

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    If AutoRCM was enabled, you don't need to slide in the jig and hold the + and power button.

4. Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I'm not sure if it was enabled. When I initially set it up, I remember looking for the option but couldn't find it. I'm going to try enabling RCM mode via Tegra when I get home today. It's just weird that I had 91% battery life when I manually turned it off and now it won't even start. Although the black screen I'm seeing is hard to tell if the thing is in recovery mode or not.

5. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    When you press only the power button, and the switch turns on. Then is autorcm disabled. You can enable it with briccmii, reinx toolkit, sx os or with hekate in the tools option.

6. Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok i will check. Right now, when I press Power button, it does nothing and I cannot see if it is in RCM mode. I been reading different posts here and I have a feeling that it's just booted in RCM mode with a black screen and that I have to inject Hekati payload again.

7. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    RCM Mode=Blackscreen ;)

Solutioni9e likes this.
  8. Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I hope so mate! Will update this post once I get home. Fingers crossed!

9. Solutioni9e

Solutioni9e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I apologize for the double post but here is the update!

Indeed, AutoRCM was enabled. I'll admit, I was pretty stupid. It somehow slipped my mind that when turning OFF the Switch, I would need to inject the payload again after enabling RCM mode again. I also got confused because RCM mode is literally a black screen of nothingness and it is hard to tell whether or not the screen is already on or off.

Anyway, I plugged the Switch into my laptop, held down volume + and Power, and injected Hekati via TegraGUI. All is well.

10. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    If you only press the power button and the screen stays black, then is autorcm enabled

11. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hi everyone, bumping a random topic about AutoRCM that has some activity for noob clarification.

I've enabled AutoRCM and all seems to be working well, but I've confused myself with online research. If I power my switch off through normal means (pushing power button -> power off) am I correct to think this doesn't shut it down now, but puts it into RCM mode?

To actually power off do I need to boot into hekate and select power off?

Thanks

Solutioni9e likes this.
  12. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    No. Atmosphere CFW or Kosmos shuts down the console properly. Only SX OS puts the console in rcm mode again.

Audioboxer likes this.
  13. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thank you, I'm running Atmosphere.

14. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Then it shuts down properly.

Audioboxer likes this.
  15. xXBossXx

xXBossXx Newbie
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    Youuu saved my life

16. xwizzard

xwizzard Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    --double post deleted--

Last edited by xwizzard, Jan 19, 2020
  17. xwizzard

xwizzard Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I left my AutoRCM switch in standby for a few weeks, came back to it and it would not boot, payload injector didn't recognize RCM, so I assumed it was a dead battery. Plugged in stock charger and left it alone for about 12 hours. According to this thread, it should have loaded RCM once power was connected, and not been able to charge? In my case, however, after disconnecting and injecting payload with laptop and TegraRcmGui my switch had 100% battery. Does RCM ever "time out", or does it stay on, waiting indefinitely?

18. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hmm did not know this even was a thing.
    Left my superbanned Switch which has Auto RCM on alone for roughly 3 months I guess.
    Didn't start, no rcm, no nothing, no 12 sec reboot etc..

Charging did not seem to work form dock. Short led indicator came on but could not turn it on normally.
    Left it on a powerbank for a couple of hours. (maybe 3 hours)
    Then did a 12 sec power hold just to force it. And it worked like normal.

19. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Just fully charge you Switch once a month if you're not using it and has autorcm enabled.

Lacius likes this.
  20. nickerous

nickerous GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I’m in the same boat. Haven’t used this switch in months. Figured I’d update atmosphere while off. Copied new folders and merged. Plugged in the system...no rcm detected....unplugged looked at ds card again in pc.....put it back in and plugged to pc....auto rcm detected now, but system won’t boot. Says payload injected successfully, but screen stays black.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [IMPORTANT], AutoRCM, battery