Hacking Suggestion [IMPORTANT] Possible Nintendo server changes to block web applets from working

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 58,652
  • Replies 183
  • Likes 21
D

Deleted-442439

OP
Ohh.
I'm a fucking idiot.
Well then, I can still use applets, but just not to run homebrew?

You can use everything, HB launcher is technically possible now if you want to mess with Hekate, but I would wait a week for Atmosphere.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it effects all consoles even launch day consoles have reported to have the issue.
So what is the conclusion on this? Especially now since > 3.0 can have Homebrew via HeKate. What should the Primary and Secondary settings be to avoid updates and this issue?

Reactions: peteruk

KnightRider420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me get this straight... my switch came with firmware 4.0.1 and i9 upgraded it to 5.0.2 but i have 0 difficulties runnig switchbrew dns and the youtube trick threw fb so am i a lucky one or does it just apply to old firmware?

ut0pia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
let me get this straight... my switch came with firmware 4.0.1 and i9 upgraded it to 5.0.2 but i have 0 difficulties runnig switchbrew dns and the youtube trick threw fb so am i a lucky one or does it just apply to old firmware?

Thank god it works as intented on last firmware. You are able to run code through RCM exploit but loose potential future softmod exploit. So right now, any code you wish to launch will require RCM unless they found new ones

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't effect if your on the latest firmware there's nothing to update

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been several reports of users not being able to use the web applets without updating regardless of FW, DNS settings and several other factors, making it impossible to use the HBL and SwitchbruDNS.

This has now been investigated by devs over at the Reswitched discord and we know the following:

Latest status?

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but the nag is present even on 1.0.0? Also, there are any dns that blocks the callback routines?
Since we don't know yet how to remove it, at least we can prevent it from happening... (without hosting the web page you need offline...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise