Hacking Suggestion [IMPORTANT] Possible Nintendo server changes to block web applets from working

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 59,024
  • Replies 183
  • Likes 21

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why get a modchip? This won't do anything except putting money in the wallets of ppl pushing paid piracy.
Thats it. And you are giving them a helping hand by posting this.

There is no reason to install a modchip as you still get into RCM with 5.0.3
If you use the internet against any and all advice, you are at fault yourself.
As it stands there will be a RCM tool to reset the value in NAND

Help your friends with their questions, provide them with guidelines for easy product acquisition.
pff
What are you talking about? There are plenty of reasons to install a modchip:
1. You don't need to keep track of a jig.
2. It's permenant.
3. Won't break any Joy-Con pins.
4. Some people enjoy taking things apart and installing modchips.

I can keep going but I think you get my point.

Reactions: DaveLister

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thank you at ploggy and yellows8, I'm back running homebrew again. :)

edit: A thank you also extends to mtheall. :)

And a *grrr* at Nintendo for all the folks who didn't were lucky enough to catch the news about the bitflip, before the bit flipped.

;)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: ploggy

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can keep going but I think you get my point.
I give you points for 1 and 2, the other 2 not so much.
Sure some people like taking things apart, but not everyone. And thats what the thing he reffered to said we should do.
I am against the post he quoted, not modchips. It claims buying modchips is the only way to tell Nintendo that you don't like what they do. Surprise thats bs.
If you need to make your friends let you install a modchip... thats kinda flawed already.
Everybody interested in the scene knows that there are solutions to hand Nintendo their own asses. If they don't they probably don't even notice as they are on the latest FW anyway.
So there is absolutely no reason to pull unaffected, maybe even uninterested Switch owners into this and telling them that they absolutely need a modchip right now.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but i can't let statements like this stand.
"Help your friends with their questions, provide them with guidelines for easy product acquisition" - just to repeat it...

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait.... so Switch DNS server of 104.236.106.125 is safe?

I'm dying to know if my Switches were affected without putting them at additional risk.

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a 4.1 a couple months ago and have NOT connected it online yet. Haven't messed with DNS settings yet either. I've only powered it on to create a profile. I'm assuming it would be wise to leave it alone for now (until Atmosphere is released), or should I go in and set DNS? It requires you to connect in order to do that though, correct?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give you points for 1 and 2, the other 2 not so much.
Sure some people like taking things apart, but not everyone. And thats what the thing he reffered to said we should do.
I am against the post he quoted, not modchips. It claims buying modchips is the only way to tell Nintendo that you don't like what they do. Surprise thats bs.
If you need to make your friends let you install a modchip... thats kinda flawed already.
Everybody interested in the scene knows that there are solutions to hand Nintendo their own asses. If they don't they probably don't even notice as they are on the latest FW anyway.
So there is absolutely no reason to pull unaffected, maybe even uninterested Switch owners into this and telling them that they absolutely need a modchip right now.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but i can't let statements like this stand.
"Help your friends with their questions, provide them with guidelines for easy product acquisition" - just to repeat it...
That would be 1, 2 and 4 because I said "some peolpe" not everyone.

My feelings aren't hurt, I just thought I'd correct you in saying there was no reason to install a modchip.

However, I'm sorry you're upset about the way another person feels. That sucks.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you don't know who the devs working on Switch projects are.
If you need to put responsibility on strangers, you will then blindly trust instead.
If you dont know the difference between cause and effect.
If you think even the most plain statement still needs clarification.

At some point, we might decide not to carry you anymore. :)

Up until then take this as a hint, why I'm not reassuring you in your want to do a thing - but I apparently decided who to put trust into - on my own. (There is only one DNS server on the page yellows8 linked to and if you search for mtheall on said page, you'll at least get a result as well - so you can presume that you are on the right webpage.)

Bought a 4.1 a couple months ago and have NOT connected it online yet. Haven't messed with DNS settings yet either. I've only powered it on to create a profile. I'm assuming it would be wise to leave it alone for now (until Atmosphere is released), or should I go in and set DNS? It requires you to connect in order to do that though, correct?
Don't enter any Wifi login information, and/or stay in airplane mode. If your switch has no access to the internet that has the same effect as using the DNS server that yellows8 refered to. As you are not on 3.0.0 that DNS server gives you no additional "benefit" (as in allowing you to launch homebrew, or blocking almost the entire internet, as you aren't connecting to the internet anyhow.).

This is to prevent Nintendo from flipping on the "supernag". Which prevents you from having access to the browser. 4.1.0 eventually might get a public browser entry point, which should eventually allow you to launch into CFW via a browser exploit.

If Nintendo switches on the supernag - you will need a jig and a powered USB device once in the future to switch it back. But then the Jig and the powered USB device, or a modchip - might turn out to be a faster way to launch CFW anyhow - we currently don't know. Maybe not.

Can you haz this more simple?

Sadly, no.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Resaec

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Last edited by notimp,

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump to make a users service seeking behavior, posting the same question twice only a day apart, and getting more attention in "his own thread" more visible.
While we are having an ongoing discussion about how this constitutes abusive behavior.
For reference:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/meta-there-is-way-too-much-clutter-here.502748/

This has nothing to do with this thread. Take a hint from your linked thread and stop adding clutter to threads that include actual discussion points.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a little worried by this comment...

yellows8‏ @ylws8 May 1
(What network-request(s) actually trigger it is unknown)

Translation: We fixed the DNS but we don't really know how Nintendo did this in the first place.

No judgement on my part.... these guys abilities are incredible. It's just a touch worrying is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL