tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
iMenu for DSTwo
Unofficial plugin menu replacement.

Some of you are aware that I have been (slowly) working on a replacement for the DSTwo plugin menu...

imenu.jpg

...Well I have finally added a download link for the first beta release on my website. Currently, I ask that people do not mirror this download, but by all means mirror this post.

icon11.gif
 Download

Contributed by spinal_cord

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess mod can delete my topic,
no point in having two topic on the same subject
smile.gif

edit:
I decided not to use this imenu
it's a little slow, and not really worth it
the only reason to use this is, because it's prettier
not really worth the trouble..

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What exact format do icons need to be in? I thought it was 16-bit BMP, but for some reason I have one icon I was making that just will NOT show up right. Oddly the other one I made does.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
What exact format do icons need to be in? I thought it was 16-bit BMP, but for some reason I have one icon I was making that just will NOT show up right. Oddly the other one I made does.

some people at the supercard forum was having similar issue, but spinal was complaining about people complaining, so they just stop asking questions
guess everyone has to trouble shoot it them self

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
some people at the supercard forum was having similar issue, but spinal was complaining about people complaining, so they just stop asking questions
Er...ok then, but still, asking anyway. I'm not really complaining, I like the app. This is just really odd since it's in the same format as the other icon.
smile.gif

*edit*
Ah jeez, nevermind. I made a really foolish typo in the ini (accidentally put the mask as the same BMP as the icon itself).

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
RoMee said:
9th_Sage said:

guess everyone has to trouble shoot it them self

Incorrect, people were complaining that the menu just didn't work, because they didn't read the readme included in the download. They were complaining about items not showing up when they hadn't created an ini file for them (!) or that the ones that did show wouldn't load when they didn't bother to set the path field or check that it was correct.

The icons are the same format as the ones original used by the official menu. Make sure the dimensions are correct also (40x42). The mask imagges are 8bit bmp. although currently they use the palette index rather than the shade of grey.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
does it take longer then the original to load for anyone else ???
it looks nice but no controler selection is driving me nuts
i will most likely be upgrading back to the supercard original with the next upgrade of firmware.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
:wtf: Do people complain about iPod/iPhone not having d-pad controls in the menu?
That was my first complaint... then I got over it.

Looks like you've been hard at work. Keep it up, and in the meanwhile, I'll give this a whirl.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gave this a (very) quick try - had a couple of problems

Would'nt start up - Got 'An error has occurred...' Message, so I reinstalled again & this time it did start up but when I tried scrolling - it crashed (Plain Black Screen).

I'm guessing this is because I didn't have all the nds files that matched all the ini files (all I had was the DSTwo files [Moonshell,GBA etc] & Colors, Lameboy)

Also - small suggestion, perhaps a PC program could be made to make the transistion a little easier ??

> One that 'looks' inside the '/_dstwoplug/' folder
> Sees what nds files are there
> Copy the nds files into the '_/plg/'
> Copy the bmp files into '/_images/' folder (& also create a *_mask.bmp' file as well)
> And make the necessary ini files as well, taking the 'name=' from the original '_ds2plugin/ folder & injecting it into a default '/_ini/' file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here