Aroma WiiU environment updated to Beta 4, includes SDcafiine support.

Aroma

Since the release of the long-awaited Aroma environment for the WiiU, several WiiU homebrew devs have been hard at work to bring a breath of new life into the system with it.
Maschell, the main head behind the new environment, has just released a new update, Beta 4, which adds a slew of fixes for booting more games, more controller configs, and much much more!

Aroma Beta 4 Changelog said:

Latest changes (2022-09-19):​

Aroma updates (Download via Base Aroma)
  • Fixed opening the plugin config menu with the classic controller
  • Fixed displaying the config menu on games which run in native 1080p
  • Fixed booting into "Adventure Time" and "The Smurfs 2"
  • The region free menu can now be used with other controllers than the gamepad
  • Fixed setting the wrong country for some titles.
Other updates: (Download via Additional Plugins and Modules)
  • The SDCafiine Plugin has been released. This version has some breaking changes, make sure to read the README.
  • Updated the FTPiiU Plugin, a config menu to enable/disable the server and restrict the access has been added.
For the full changelog see the Github release page

Not only that, but another piece of homebrew that has since been highly requested for the environment, has also been added into the list of Aroma-ready homebrew apps for the WiiU. This makes it possible to apply mods and file replacement right from boot now.

If you haven't already, update your Aroma environment to the latest Beta 4, and give the new SDcafiine plugin a try.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to make the WiiU Themes from this thread to work with SDcafiine through Aroma:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-and-download-custom-wii-u-themes.592318/

But I keep getting an error about the files using the old structure.
Anyone has a clue as to how to properly set it up?

The path should now be /wiiu/sdcafiine/TITLEID/MODNAME/, but the instructions don't have any points about making this work with theme stuff or even WiiU files at all.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this safe or is it like the old CBHC where if the SD card fails it can brick the console?
it didn't brick if the SD card died, just place fresh CBHC files into another SD card.
What did brick was if the DS game it was using for the exploit couldn't boot for whatever reason then you where screwed but this now has a way of recovering using another exploit.

Aroma installs to a system program so no need to worry about it messing up and if SD fails then it just boots without CFW but just drop the aroma files into a new SD card and its fixed.

Reactions: yoyoyo69 and pustal

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm trying to make the WiiU Themes from this thread to work with SDcafiine through Aroma:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-and-download-custom-wii-u-themes.592318/

But I keep getting an error about the files using the old structure.
Anyone has a clue as to how to properly set it up?

The path should now be /wiiu/sdcafiine/TITLEID/MODNAME/, but the instructions don't have any points about making this work with theme stuff or even WiiU files at all.
What I had to do is basically have the files go as such:

sd:/wiiu/sdcafiine/titleid/anynamehere/content

And inside the content folder is where the actual files go. Here's some screenshots for reference.
Screenshot_20220920-000350_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20220920-000356_My Files.jpg

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I had to do is basically have the files go as such:

sd:/wiiu/sdcafiine/titleid/anynamehere/content

And inside the content folder is where the actual files go. Here's some screenshots for reference.
View attachment 328005View attachment 328006

You got it working?
I have them as "sd:/wiiu/sdcafiine/0005001010040100/Theme/content/Common/Package/"
Is that correct? Or did I miss something?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Be cool if you could but I have a feeling that it would be very similar to forcing games to run at 544p on the vita.
People do 60fps mods on Switch games all the time, and resolution hacks as well. So I'd think it would be possible. Splatoon at 720p is razorblades on my eyes. I'd gladly play at 30fps with 1080p over 720p 60fps any day.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People do 60fps mods on Switch games all the time, and resolution hacks as well. So I'd think it would be possible. Splatoon at 720p is razorblades on my eyes. I'd gladly play at 30fps with 1080p over 720p 60fps any day.
that is bacause the switch cpu and gpu are underclocked and people can make them stock clock which gives much more performance, you cant overclock the wiiu cpuso increasing resolution wont give good results lol.

Reactions: ChibiMofo

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I switched from Haxchi ( not cold boot) to Tiramisu not too long ago. Is it worth switching from that to Aroma? If so what is the safest method of doing it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi