Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let's resume.
A friend of mine sent me his Old 3DS 4.4E.
He used gateway on it for a long time (using the ds profile + emunand).
Not sure if this may be the problem, but this 3DS has a capture card on it.

Ok so.
I wanted to start from a clean system, for install B9S (I have a flashed R4i Gold) on it.
I formatted it, then updated it, the 3DS is now on 11.6.
The 3DS work normally, as it should, and it boot fine.

The problem is the 3DS doesn't boot at all if the magnet is on it.
Even just trying to simply boot it (I'm not even doing the ntrboot combo) doesn't work if the magnet is here.
When I say "not at all", it's not at all, the led doesn't even flash/light.

I uploaded a video on youtube to show you what I mean.
I'm out of idea, so I need any suggestions and anwser to why the 3DS doesn't boot with the magnet.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, you should have used another exploit to install B9S, given you were on 4.4.
Second, have you used this flashcart to install B9S on other systems? If not, it might need to be reflashed.
Third, how many times have you tried, and have you messed with the placement of the magnet? Ntrboot can be finicky.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To answer.
Because I feel more comfortable with the ntrboot method. It's what I used on a lot of systems.
Yes, the flashcard work fine, as said, used it on lot of systems.
I see that, because ->

Damn, idk what the fuck was the problem, but just tried a XXrd time and it worked.
I was so scared as it's not mine, plus it has a capture card...

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/44/4/1509658013-20171102-222558.jpg

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I feel more comfortable with the ntrboot method. It's what I used on a lot of systems.
The ntrboot method is finicky, while methods like the browser or MSET methods are less finicky. At the very least, hopefully this has taught you not to update the system before attempting the ntrboot method. That way, if you run into issues like what you just experienced, you can fallback on the browser or MSET methods.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The ntrboot method is finicky, while methods like the browser or MSET methods are less finicky. At the very least, hopefully this has taught you not to update the system before attempting the ntrboot method. That way, if you run into issues like what you just experienced, you can fallback on the browser or MSET methods.
I guess the lesson is learned...

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NTRBOOT worked fine for me on normal 3DS systems and N3DS systems without issue.

True I forgot to mention that you can do it directly before sorry @Asia81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.