Gaming i'm thinking of buying the band hero band bundle.........

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was looking into buying the band hero band bundle because i've seen a fairly good offer.
any comments on it are welcome

biggrin.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my view.

Game - It's only good if you're a fan of pop songs and Taylor Swift. I prefer the other game with the same engine (Guitar Hero 5) as it's got WAYYY better songs and more players online than Band Hero (you're likely to come across people who "quit because they can't keep a streak") Though you can spice up the whole setlist by adding some songs from previous games (World Tour/Smash Hits/Guitar Hero 5) but I'd rather have GH5 then import WT, SH and Band Hero songs...

Instruments - I guess the Band Hero bundle is the opposite of the World Tour bundle.

World Tour = decent game, bad instruments
Band Hero = a game that's not so much to most people's likings, superb instruments

The bundle comes with a standard mic which should have no defects at all, nothing new there
smile.gif
The guitar is the same as the Guitar Hero 5 guitar bundle and I haven't heard that much complaints about it. I never got around to using it, but I did have a feel of it in a local game store and I can say...it's much better than the World Tour one! It's got the same fret buttons, a digital touch strip (meaning a much better touch strip, if you try using the slide, it's 100% accurate now and it being digital meaning it won't be the one to blame now if you witness a weird overstrum), a rubberized guide button/knob, strum bar and the Star Power button and of course, a cool faceplate. Honestly, I want it myself but my WT guitar is doing fine for me.

The drums...I've heard a lot of good reviews from it. I'm just thinking it wasn't that hyped compared to the WT drums (which was a big let-down thanks to sensitivity issues) so it didn't bring many people down. In fact, I have only found one or two videos of people unboxing the Band Hero bundle showing the drums so that pretty much proves how "unpopular" the bundle is. I also had a feel of the drums and I should say: they are superb! The drums have a MUCH better feel than the WT ones. Much better pads, the cymbals replicate the Mad Catz add-on for RB drums and a much better bass pedal. The sticks are now located at the side. Also, I've heard that it also comes with sensitivity kit which fixes any sensitivity issues that you might have using a PC. The only downside that I know of is that the cymbals' height are not adjustable.

Recommendation: Get the bundle. The bundle is good for the instruments. You won't regret it as a lot of people have said that the instruments have excellent build and quality and I have yet to see a YouTube video of "BAND HERO DRUMS FAIL OMG!" I want the bundle myself, but I got DJ Hero instead, because I have played a lot of rock rhythm games for the past year (played almost every one of them
tongue.gif
) To compensate with the bad aspect of the bundle, which is the game, you could sneak in either Guitar Hero 5/Rock Band/Rock Band 2/Lego Rock Band/The Beatles: Rock Band. Sneak in one of them with your purchase and you will have a really good jamming session when you get your bundle.

P.S. If you're going down the Rock Band route, I suggest getting RB2 and get the other RB games so you can put the songs on Rock Band 2 as well. This doesn't work on the Beatles though...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My recommendation: Get the Band Hero bundle.
I needed a new guitar since my GHWT ( my favorite one up to this point ) had some trouble recognizing downwards strumming, so after a little research on amazon and based on pictures and users feedback I decided to get a Rock Band 2 guitar.
The guitar works great, but as I was used to the GHWT instruments, I found it less responsive and it was hard for me to tell which fret was which as they are all flat......
So I wasn't very happy with it but at least I got the chance to finish Rock Band 1 with it ( since it was the only game I had that wasn't compatible with GH guitars ).
And it's funny because the same day I got to best buy to get the guitar , Band Hero was out but I didn't get it because I didn't know much about it and I hadn't seen any review yet.
That was my mistake.
After reading the positive reviews like the one above my post, I realized that I was quite unhappy with my drums from GHWT ( it was warbling to much, screws where getting lost and the last pad to the right was having sensitivity problems ), and I still liked the GHWT guitar better, AND Band Hero was coming out with the improved drum set ( exclusive for the Wii may I add, the PS3 and Xbox 360 where still shipped with the old model ) and slightly improved guitar ( I liked the rubberized guide button/knob, strum bar and the Star Power button ).
So I decided to get Band Hero and I am extremely happy with it ! Useless to say, I should have gotten this bundle instead of the stand alone guitar,but that's alright.
May I add, that the new drums feel real solid and stable, no flying screws around ( it seems to stand on two solid metal poles ) and it's slimmer and more sensitive then the old ones.
I never regretted getting BH, mainly for the instruments alone, they replaced all the others for any game!
The game itself is not bad, there are acouple of good song that I like to play with my brother when we are a litte drunk ( he doesn't like GH but for some reason every once in a while accepts to play BH with me )....
So yes , if I where you I would buy Band Hero !

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Shelleeson said:
thanks guys
@r2dj the bundle is the band hero bundle band bundle and the world tour software added for £120
That's a pretty nice offer. World Tour is a decent enough game with decent online and a 7/10 rating (for me) setlist. You can use the code from the back of the manual of GHWT and import half of the songs (I think they're working on getting the other half exportable as well) to Band Hero.

However...

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Dec 24 2009, 07:13 PM) ...AND Band Hero was coming out with the improved drum set ( exclusive for the Wii may I add, the PS3 and Xbox 360 where still shipped with the old model ) and slightly improved guitar ( I liked the rubberized guide button/knob, strum bar and the Star Power button )...
I totally forgot about this. The new drum set is only sold in the Wii bundle. I also just remembered seeing the Wii version of the drum kit and the guitar, seeing that there is a slot for the Wiimote. Seeing that you posted this on the 360 thread, I'm sorry but you MIGHT get the WT drum kit (since I heard someone that got the bundle in a European country saying that he/she got the new drum kit)...

Might as well ask the store
smile.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R2DJ said:
Shelleeson said:
thanks guys
@r2dj the bundle is the band hero bundle band bundle and the world tour software added for £120
That's a pretty nice offer. World Tour is a decent enough game with decent online and a 7/10 rating (for me) setlist. You can use the code from the back of the manual of GHWT and import half of the songs (I think they're working on getting the other half exportable as well) to Band Hero.

However...

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Dec 24 2009, 07:13 PM) ...AND Band Hero was coming out with the improved drum set ( exclusive for the Wii may I add, the PS3 and Xbox 360 where still shipped with the old model ) and slightly improved guitar ( I liked the rubberized guide button/knob, strum bar and the Star Power button )...
I totally forgot about this. The new drum set is only sold in the Wii bundle. I also just remembered seeing the Wii version of the drum kit and the guitar, seeing that there is a slot for the Wiimote. Seeing that you posted this on the 360 thread, I'm sorry but you MIGHT get the WT drum kit (since I heard someone that got the bundle in a European country saying that he/she got the new drum kit)...

Might as well ask the store
smile.gif

Oh, my bad, sorry about that, I just clicked on the view new posts and I didn't realize it was the xbox360 section......anyway the new drums are the best I ever tried so far, so if you can get those for the xbox360 you won't regret it !
P.S.
Also is very easy to tell which bundle comes with the new drum set, in fact the new package it's way smaller compared to the old one, I would say almost half the size !

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Oh, my bad, sorry about that, I just clicked on the view new posts and I didn't realize it was the xbox360 section......anyway the new drums are the best I ever tried so far, so if you can get those for the xbox360 you won't regret it !
P.S.
Also is very easy to tell which bundle comes with the new drum set, in fact the new package it's way smaller compared to the old one, I would say almost half the size !
i'm still debating it when i really wanna get it
i'm not sure why, probably the size of the whole thing more than anything

i really do appreciate the input though
smileipb2.png
wink2.gif

xCM Punkx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ask yourself this, do you like Taylor Swift? Enough to drop $100+ on?

I've played band hero and honestly the setlist is awful unless you REALLY like teen-y pop. You'd be better off with guitar hero 5 or Rock band 2.

You can just get a rock band kit on the cheap and then get whatever games you want after. Over here you can get a rock band 2 guitar for $15 and it works on every xbox music game except guitar hero 2. The drums cost somewhere similar too.

xCM Punkx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shelleeson said:
what about the beatles rock band? is that any good?

the value edition is on sale in hmv for £40
smileipb2.png
Yeah the beatles rock band is amazing. I bought it not knowing very many beatles songs and after playing it for a few weeks they are one of my favorite bands now.

The game itself is probably the most entertaining visually just because of the "dreamscapes". If you don't know what those are, you start the song in the recording studio and its like the LSD starts kicking in full force all of the sudden and your transported to these crazy far off lands, under the ocean and all kinds of crazy sh*t. Look up Yellow Submarine or Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds on youtube, its kinda hard to explain but completely awesome!

Also if you have a couple friends that you can talk into singing, this game lets 4 people sing at one time and rates you on the harmony. You don't have to do this, of course, but its fun at parties!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Shelleeson said:

smileipb2.png

The problem is that there's no longer the Limited Edition Bundle (it really was limited for once) and as a result all of us in the UK have no choice but to get the RB1 instruments. There is a HUGE difference in quality between RB1 and RB2 insturments, the drums are quieter and more responsive and the guitars have a better strumbar and quieter fret buttons. I own the Limited Edition Beatles instruments and can vouch for the quality and noise difference having played on the RB1 instruments before, they're nightmarish in comparison
frown.gif

Only 3 people can sing at the same time not 4 but most Beatles songs were written that way (Ringo doesn't get to sing often)

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Shelleeson said:

smileipb2.png

The problem is that there's no longer the Limited Edition Bundle (it really was limited for once) and as a result all of us in the UK have no choice but to get the RB1 instruments. There is a HUGE difference in quality between RB1 and RB2 insturments, the drums are quieter and more responsive and the guitars have a better strumbar and quieter fret buttons. I own the Limited Edition Beatles instruments and can vouch for the quality and noise difference having played on the RB1 instruments before, they're nightmarish in comparison
frown.gif

Only 3 people can sing at the same time not 4 but most Beatles songs were written that way (Ringo doesn't get to sing often)
lol i went and got the beatles rock band and oh my god i now know that ringo starr was useful after all hahahaha
hopefully i'll get better at playing the instruments
thanks people
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY