Hacking I'm sure this has been asked a thousands times... (New 2DS XL Related)

Khali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to hack a New 2DS XL, I have a O3DS with CFW and the New 2DS XL is stock FM 11.6.0. I see on the 11.7.0 page it says for the 11.7.0 hack it requires stock 11.7.0, but is it not possible for me to update it and use that method or am I forever stuck and forced to use the 11.6.0 methods?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm looking to hack a New 2DS XL, I have a O3DS with CFW and the New 2DS XL is stock FM 11.6.0. I see on the 11.7.0 page it says for the 11.7.0 hack it requires stock 11.7.0, but is it not possible for me to update it and use that method or am I forever stuck and forced to use the 11.6.0 methods?
if you (cannot/do not want to) update your 3ds, you are suck with a ntrboot method, and cannot use the $2 seedminer method

Reactions: Khali

Khali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you (cannot/do not want to) update your 3ds, you are suck with a ntrboot method, and cannot use the $2 seedminer method
I have absolutely no problem with updating it, I just wanted to know if I can change methods by doing this? Also, I have LoZ:4 Swords Anniversary Edition from the eShop from way back in the day, is this version compatible?

Khali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that is compatible
both systems need to be on 11.7
the content of the o3ds will be moved to the new2ds
Before I continue with this, I have a few quick questions that I don't see answered anywhere:
1. Is o3DS CFW lost after system transfer, if so, it is latest, how do I get CFW back so I have it on both?
2. I did do that SYSNAND backup, is this how I get the files (including games) that were on the original 3DS back onto it?
3. What happens to the NNID of the 2DS? Is there any way for me to get it back? I guess the only reason this is important to me is if I'm interested in online play, I don't really need the eShop considering Freeshop is an option but I would like to know and I don't see any clear answers on this.
4. Do I have to transfer the SD card as well? Is this step required? Can I skip this? I can't see any reason I would need to do this if the exploit I'm using takes place later on. If I'm understanding correctly, this method will cause the system to transfer Zelda over, I copy it to the SD, then go online to exploit it, place the exploited version on the SD and copy it over, boot, and this will inject CFW?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
cfw is kept on the o3ds
you could, but the friend code would be the same on both
the 2ds will be wiped, best off doing the seedminer on that or get a ntrboot flashcard if you dont want to lose anything
you need to transfer the SD or do it via wifi...

Khali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cfw is kept on the o3ds
you could, but the friend code would be the same on both
the 2ds will be wiped, best off doing the seedminer on that or get a ntrboot flashcard if you dont want to lose anything
you need to transfer the SD or do it via wifi...
In that case, if the CFW remains, after the SD is formatted can I not just copy my backup back onto that card with Luma and all that jazz and continue as normal?
I guess I probably don't need to do it this way, but is having the same friend code less dangerous than having the same NNID?
If it were whiped, what is the disadvantage here? I just can't be online with both units at the same time or?
Right, but if Zelda is on the console of the o3DS, is the SD transfer even required? Am I misunderstanding that the o3DS will copy the system copy of Zelda over from console storage to console storage, or am I mistaken?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
In that case, if the CFW remains, after the SD is formatted can I not just copy my backup back onto that card with Luma and all that jazz and continue as normal?
I guess I probably don't need to do it this way, but is having the same friend code less dangerous than having the same NNID?
If it were whiped, what is the disadvantage here? I just can't be online with both units at the same time or?
Right, but if Zelda is on the console of the o3DS, is the SD transfer even required? Am I misunderstanding that the o3DS will copy the system copy of Zelda over from console storage to console storage, or am I mistaken?
the NNID will be linked on both systems also
to do a system transfer, the SD will be transfered also, so all legit games will be transferred over to the new2ds,
you can do it that way if you want, it's upto you,
but you cannot transfer back from the new2ds to your o3ds
you can restore the sysnand from a backup and copy all the files back to the SD card after the transfer thats no problem
but both systems will have the same FC and NNID

Khali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to do a system transfer, the SD will be transfered also, so all legit games will be transferred over to the new2ds,
you can do it that way if you want, it's upto you,
but you cannot transfer back from the new2ds to your o3ds
you can restore the sysnand from a backup and copy all the files back to the SD card after the transfer thats no problem
but both systems will have the same FC and NNID
Ultimately, I ended up deciding to use the seedminer option and bought a cheap DSiware title instead to do it. Just doing SysNAND backup now and all should start running great. Sorry about all the questions, but huge thanks for all the answers. Such a huge help! :bow: :grog:

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ultimately, I ended up deciding to use the seedminer option and bought a cheap DSiware title instead to do it. Just doing SysNAND backup now and all should start running great. Sorry about all the questions, but huge thanks for all the answers. Such a huge help! :bow: :grog:
thats great :)

QiWi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did DSi injection for free, I think most people that have had 3ds gen devices for the last few years did too, Legend of Zelda : Four Swords was free a while back, and worked great. Otherwise 2 dollars is a small price to pay for getting all games free, and having complete controller over your Ds

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had 4 swords on my o3ds for years but never could get it to run. on my new 3ds I got it to run after installing it on both emunand AND sysnand on CFW, but it was a hassle because it pulled all my installed games and apps out of folders and rewrapped them after making the emunand or something... Not sure what or why, but that was a hassle, but at least afterwards 4 swords was playable. I never messed with NNID on the new 3ds, as I never plan to use it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
both systems will have the same FC and NNID
No,the NNID will only be linked with the system it was transferred to. After restoring the pre-transfer NAND backup the old console will be temporarily confused, and you will get error messages attempting to access things that require an NNID, since the console thinks it is logged on but the servers say no. You would then need to clear the logged on NNID by injecting a clean nnidsave.bin (details in https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've had 4 swords on my o3ds for years but never could get it to run. on my new 3ds I got it to run after installing it on both emunand AND sysnand on CFW, but it was a hassle because it pulled all my installed games and apps out of folders and rewrapped them after making the emunand or something... Not sure what or why, but that was a hassle, but at least afterwards 4 swords was playable. I never messed with NNID on the new 3ds, as I never plan to use it.
That's why no one uses emuNAND anymore - causes hassles for no gain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1