Hacking I'm starting to lose faith in Wiikey...

Shiranui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that their website is down, they don't think it's neccesary to update Wiikey at the moment...:

Someone who I believe is in contact with the Wiikey team wrote this -

"""Wiikey team is still alive, but they will no longer have a website, unless they decide to at a later date.
No website DOES NOT MEAN NO SUPPORT, so stop stressing out and emailing everyone about it. They will bring out update if they are needed on scene sites like wiinewz.com.

People want a website for comfort, and more updates? Updates for what?
The product does not need to be updated right now...and when it does need to be updated, it will.
1.9 will always be in BETA.

What is D2CKey? D2ckey is wiikey strapped to a diff board working differently. D2cey will soon be updateable

Why is it down?
Modchip are illegal now in HK, thats where it was hosted. All the downtime before was from DDOS attacks from other teams."""

Now, of course Wiikey needs to be updated! It's compatibility with different region games should be their first concern. How can the Wiikey team sit still, while highly anticipated games like No More Heroes and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and games like One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, which isn't even planned on coming to Europe, don't work for different region Wiis??? Increasing the compatibility with different region games should be every modchip team's concern, for this is the main issue that troubles us, the consumers.

hamchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, its really hard to find Warioware NTSC on public trackers. I can't get into private trackers like black cats until the next registration period but that could be a long way away
frown.gif

Better region support would be much better for everyone i think.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then shouldn't you be losing faith in all Wii modchips? And how do you know teams aren't not working on region compatability?(I'm thinking it's not that easy to do so...) And something bothers me about using the word consumer when you're buying something that is used to pirate games...(even if you just want to not have crappy release dates)

hamchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And how do you know teams aren't not working on region compatability?

The product does not need to be updated right now...and when it does need to be updated, it will.

Basically they said they will only update for games that need fixes like Galaxy

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then shouldn't you be losing faith in all Wii modchips? And how do you know teams aren't not working on region compatability?(I'm thinking it's not that easy to do so...) And something bothers me about using the word consumer when you're buying something that is used to pirate games...(even if you just want to not have crappy release dates)

Sorry the deffinition of consmer is
QUOTEOne that consumes, especially one that acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership rather than for resale or use in production and manufacturing.
acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership-----> modchip supplyers to pirates----> Pirates then are still consumers...

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ITS OUR RIGHT AS CONSUMERS, BETTER YET, AMERICANS! THAT WE GET UPDATES EVERYDAY AT LEAST ON OUR WIIKEYS.

AM I RIGHT?!

LETS PROTEST, BETTER YET, LETS START AN ONLINE PETITION, WHOSE WITH ME?!

Shiranui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking specifically about Wiikey because their site is down and they clearly say - "The product does not need to be updated right now." and that concerns me. They're not working on anything right now, meaning they don't invest their time on improving the modchip's compatibility with different region games.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't see what people are fretting about! Right now we do NOT need an update! Why are so many so eager that the little "beta" word be removed from 1.9G! I can somewhat understand it's exciting to have a new update for yer modchip n all but come on
tongue.gif

Nowhere by the way is it written down that "consumers have a right to firmware updates". You don't like the chip? get another. It's as simple as that, they are not required to do anything.
Improved region compatibility will not come from modchips, it will come from the encryption hack that has been done.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basically they said they will only update for games that need fixes like Galaxy
That line doesn't say basically say that...

And sorry, I know the definition of a consumer and I never stated pirates weren't. I said it bothers me when someone uses it to complain about a modchip.

EDIT: I realized that I take incredibly long to post with my PSP, otherwise I'd be backing up my argument a lot more.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Not only that their website is down, they don't think it's neccesary to update Wiikey at the moment...:

Someone who I believe is in contact with the Wiikey team wrote this -
Well that sounds like a reliable source to me!
Oh wait.
No it doesn't!

Also if you're not going to use quote tags, one set of quotations is fine. No need to go for three.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Aslong as there won't be any new protections etc. 1.9g beta is ok.
there's always change that it's impossible to get 100% region free support via only modchip (most likely it's possible, but who knows
biggrin.gif
). That's where homebrews will come in to picture (hopefully)

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That actually is the reason i choosed Cyclowiz
As it has good support, an active forum
And good updates

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now, of course Wiikey needs to be updated! It's compatibility with different region games should be their first concern. How can the Wiikey team sit still, while highly anticipated games like No More Heroes and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and games like One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, which isn't even planned on coming to Europe, don't work for different region Wiis??? Increasing the compatibility with different region games should be every modchip team's concern, for this is the main issue that troubles us, the consumers.
Wut the?

No, it DOES NOT need to be updated. 100% Compatibility can't be achieved with current drive chips for DMS/D2A/D2B Wiis. We have to wait for some breaking news in Wii homebrew.

Or you could sell your DMS/D2A/D2B Wii and get a D2C Wii with a D2CKey, which has better region free compatibility, but only because it's a TOTALLY different patching method.

So, the teams have NO WAY to get better compatibility.

Enjoy
wink.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
They could fix it, with the power of their mind! The fact that they don't shows what little respect they have for their customers. We paid a good $5 to some other company that cloned their chips, and dammit, we deserve respect! I say we all burn our Wiis and send the charred remains to them, postage due! That'll get them to think again before they try to screw us over.

Shiranui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wut the?

No, it DOES NOT need to be updated. 100% Compatibility can't be achieved with current drive chips for DMS/D2A/D2B Wiis. We have to wait for some breaking news in Wii homebrew.

Or you could sell your DMS/D2A/D2B Wii and get a D2C Wii with a D2CKey, which has better region free compatibility, but only because it's a TOTALLY different patching method.

So, the teams have NO WAY to get better compatibility.

Enjoy
wink.gif

I know it's impossible to get 100% compatibility, I didn't request that.
I'm just saying, that highly anticipated games like No More Heroes should be treated specifically.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you know it's impossible to get 100%, then why haven't you considered the fact that it may indeed be impossible through current chips to do region free with the games you've listed?

Also, just because they aren't working on an update doesn't mean they aren't working on anything. Although knowing WiiKey peeps, more likely than not they are not working on anything. : D

But I'm sure at least some of the teams are exploring alternate methods of region free implimentation.

Anyways, long story short time. Besides D2CKey, what other chip offers greater (or lesser) region-free compat. for Wii? I think the answer here should be clue enough as to what I'm getting at.

Quick Edit: "Consumers". Yeah, that's what we are. We could even take them to court and sue them for not providing perfect service like the guys fucktards in texas did when Xbox Live was slow on the holidays!
rofl2.gif

If you miss the sarcasm above, join the guys in texas.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no need for an update because no matter what it just isn't possible with the wii hardware/firmware to have full cross-region compatibility with a drive chip at this moment in time. No chip can do it.

For all you know maybe they are working on it. And when they figure something out they will put an update out. But I don't think it's possible until homebrew is being run.

mitchondria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i for one have no beef with the wiikey, if poeple would just learn to play games in there own regions, and not from other countries then there wouldnt be a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8