ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

MyrmidonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or wouldn't it be great if someone translated the story, even if it was just in text form and couldn't be inserted into the game? I always like seeing how classic stories get remade, and I would read it along with the game. I know beggars can't be choosers, so I'm not saying the masterful crew here should do this... however, if they did, or if someone knows of a site where it's been translated, I know I wouldn't be the only one extremely grateful!
biggrin.gif

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You guys should have a place of honor among translators. If you people keep up your No-Lifeing (See: Unicyclopedia: Runescape: No-Lifeing) you could have the entire game, story and all, translated within a week.

rofl2.gif
Well, I don't really have a social life...but I know Raganook does. However, we're just 3 dedicated fanboys who wish to translate the remake of one of the greatest games ever made so everyone can enjoy it.

Oh, and, the patch is going to be released ON Christmas?!?

Yup! Great Christmas present, huh?

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Belmont, there is a guy on another thread, who is trying to do a translation of Tales of Innocence his name is Benni-chan. You think you guys could help him with that? From what I hear, ToI is THE dopest RPG for the DS. That would be cool.

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Belmont, first of all thanks for this. This is awesome. Second, with the descriptions be coming soon? And third, will you guys consider doing the Tales of Innocence patch?

Thanks again!

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hey, Belmont, there is a guy on another thread, who is trying to do a translation of Tales of Innocence his name is Benni-chan. You think you guys could help him with that? From what I hear, ToI is THE dopest RPG for the DS. That would be cool.

I'm not interested. I dunno about Raganook or Jisteatin but I'm just here for this game. FFIV was my first RPG and first FF and this patch is tribute to that.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So Belmont, first of all thanks for this. This is awesome. Second, with the descriptions be coming soon? And third, will you guys consider doing the Tales of Innocence patch?

Thanks again!

Come on man, we've been doing more translating than breathing oO

That being said, item/weapon/armor descriptions, the remaining menus, class descriptions and ?????? are perhaps maybe possibly who knows on my to-be-done-tomorrow list

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean you won't ever plan to translate the story text?!

Does this mean you won't ever read the rest of the thread before asking a dumb question thats been answered a million times over?!

I'm sorry but I don't have time to plow through 16 pages of useless info! What's the point of updating the first post anyway?

Apparently the answer to your question was one of those "useless" things in those 16 "useless" pages.

When we are done, we're glad to know you'll be there to translate the story though

djstylze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook - please ignore the morons that are whining about not having a story translation. "\ignore moron"

Anyways, you guys are just amazing!! Thanks for the latest patch update!

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

DentInYourHead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Awesome new patch version, love the monster translation!!

This is just a small note and certainly nothing I expect to be corrected cuz it's so minor. I just thought it was funny today when I reached the point in the game where Kain steals the crystal of Fabul and fights Cecil. His monster title was "Bard" instead of Kain or Dragoon (I don't remember what it was called in the original game). I wonder if that happens with all story battles?
biggrin.gif

Anywho, keep up the great work guys and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, all that jazz!
wink.gif

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Awesome new patch version, love the monster translation!!

This is just a small note and certainly nothing I expect to be corrected cuz it's so minor. I just thought it was funny today when I reached the point in the game where Kain steals the crystal of Fabul and fights Cecil. His monster title was "Bard" instead of Kain or Dragoon (I don't remember what it was called in the original game). I wonder if that happens with all story battles?
biggrin.gif

Anywho, keep up the great work guys and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, all that jazz!
wink.gif

Thanks!! This is really helpful!

Its been fixed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo