Hacking Im interested in buying a Gateway :D

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running at this time firmware 9.9.0-26U on the old 3DS not the new XL, id like to get a Gateway since my bday is next month, you know treat my self :D but im not quite sure I understand how this works with the whole emunand thing? do I already need to have one from past 3DS updates or can I just use the Gateway out of the box as is? any help would be great and if these questions have been asked before I am sorry for double posting?

if any one could point me in the right dirction where I can find a Gateway that would work with the 9.9.0-26U firmware or even the 10.1 update that'd be super awesome and as always thanks again guys :D

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, Gateway only works up to 9.2 firmware.
It supports emunand up to 10.1 (for O3DS only), which probably confused you.

It won't work on your 3DS :(

Last edited by samiam144,

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Im running at this time firmware 9.9.0-26U on the old 3DS not the new XL, id like to get a Gateway since my bday is next month, you know treat my self :D but im not quite sure I understand how this works with the whole emunand thing? do I already need to have one from past 3DS updates or can I just use the Gateway out of the box as is? any help would be great and if these questions have been asked before I am sorry for double posting?

if any one could point me in the right dirction where I can find a Gateway that would work with the 9.9.0-26U firmware or even the 10.1 update that'd be super awesome and as always thanks again guys :D

For the time being, you can't install Gateway with that firmware, there are some current projects trying to hack 9.3> firmwares, but there is nothing yet, the only solution i have in mind (for your case) if you are interested on loading backups is Sky3DS, it can run roms from the Internet and that's about it, is literally a plug & play flashcard, and since you have a firmware superior to 9.2, that's all you have, i know your bday is next month and everything, but i needed to tell you that information, but who knows, in a near future that may change.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's fine that's what I'm looking for just some way to download 3DS games and play them like the days of ace card and r4 where u could just download the game and place it on the card and go, so the sky3DS will work for that then?

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just use the Sky3ds and don't go online.
Trust me, I'm getting one for my birthday and it is super easy to set up and just works.
If you go online using Sky3ds, there is a pretty huge risk you might get banned.
Be sure to read up on private headers if you feel like going online.
Most bans last 2 weeks, so nothing to worry about if you slip up.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the best place to get one for a reasonable price? And will it work even if I decided to update to the 10.1 update? Sorry for the thousand questions guys and I really appreciate the help

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
ModChipCentral I've heard is good. Sky3DS will work on 10.1, yes.
The Sky3DS isn't exactly drag and drop like DS carts, you have to use their software to write the roms, it's pretty simple though. Maximum ROM count is 30 iirc, and you have to push a button to cycle games.
Do NOT get one with a red button, it's the old version that can only use 10 games.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does any one know if either of these are good sites to buy a Sky3DS from? has any one gotten theirs from either of these sites?

http://www.gamekool.com/buy-sky3ds-play-3ds-roms-games-on-all-new3ds3dsll2ds3dsxl9x-p-661.html

http://www.dwtechz.com/sky3ds-break-all-3ds-version-92020-for-playing-3ds-games-p-17616.html

To the mods, im sorry if Im not supposed to post links couldn't remember, I know we can't post where to get roms from though lol if its not ok let me know and I'll remove them or you can which ever :D

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does any one know if either of these are good sites to buy a Sky3DS from? has any one gotten theirs from either of these sites?

http://www.gamekool.com/buy-sky3ds-play-3ds-roms-games-on-all-new3ds3dsll2ds3dsxl9x-p-661.html

http://www.dwtechz.com/sky3ds-break-all-3ds-version-92020-for-playing-3ds-games-p-17616.html

To the mods, im sorry if Im not supposed to post links couldn't remember, I know we can't post where to get roms from though lol if its not ok let me know and I'll remove them or you can which ever :D
Check the retailers section of the sky3ds site and see if those sites are there.

Also regaurding your links question. Links are allowed but no phishing links obviously

But in my opinion your better off buying a used 3ds on 9.2 or under and installing custom firmware on it. Used 3ds xl and sky3ds are the same price anyway.

Then use your current console as your legit console.

Last edited by Adeka,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
To be honest, you are better using you're BD money and buy an exploitable 3DS and use a CFW like RxTools and flog the 9.9 console. Sky3ds and Gateway are worthless nowadays

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a gateway user, my n3ds is sysnand is 9.0.
i love the gateway card but moistly now i mainly just use it to boot into emunand and debugging custom made roms/homebrew
i dont really launch much games from the cart itself, I install them to emunand with .cia files. Anyway point being is that once CFW emunands become more stable im thing of switching to a install biases.

Reactions: Arithmatics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety