Im interested in buying a Gateway :D

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Centrix, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Im running at this time firmware 9.9.0-26U on the old 3DS not the new XL, id like to get a Gateway since my bday is next month, you know treat my self :D but im not quite sure I understand how this works with the whole emunand thing? do I already need to have one from past 3DS updates or can I just use the Gateway out of the box as is? any help would be great and if these questions have been asked before I am sorry for double posting?

if any one could point me in the right dirction where I can find a Gateway that would work with the 9.9.0-26U firmware or even the 10.1 update that'd be super awesome and as always thanks again guys :D

2. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Unfortunately, Gateway only works up to 9.2 firmware.
    It supports emunand up to 10.1 (for O3DS only), which probably confused you.

It won't work on your 3DS :(

Last edited by samiam144, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    For the time being, you can't install Gateway with that firmware, there are some current projects trying to hack 9.3> firmwares, but there is nothing yet, the only solution i have in mind (for your case) if you are interested on loading backups is Sky3DS, it can run roms from the Internet and that's about it, is literally a plug & play flashcard, and since you have a firmware superior to 9.2, that's all you have, i know your bday is next month and everything, but i needed to tell you that information, but who knows, in a near future that may change.

4. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Ok that's fine that's what I'm looking for just some way to download 3DS games and play them like the days of ace card and r4 where u could just download the game and place it on the card and go, so the sky3DS will work for that then?

5. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    Just use the Sky3ds and don't go online.
    Trust me, I'm getting one for my birthday and it is super easy to set up and just works.
    If you go online using Sky3ds, there is a pretty huge risk you might get banned.
    Be sure to read up on private headers if you feel like going online.
    Most bans last 2 weeks, so nothing to worry about if you slip up.

6. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Where's the best place to get one for a reasonable price? And will it work even if I decided to update to the 10.1 update? Sorry for the thousand questions guys and I really appreciate the help

7. videogame57

videogame57 Yuki~! Yuki~!

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you with a knife
    ModChipCentral I've heard is good. Sky3DS will work on 10.1, yes.
    The Sky3DS isn't exactly drag and drop like DS carts, you have to use their software to write the roms, it's pretty simple though. Maximum ROM count is 30 iirc, and you have to push a button to cycle games.
    Do NOT get one with a red button, it's the old version that can only use 10 games.

8. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    does any one know if either of these are good sites to buy a Sky3DS from? has any one gotten theirs from either of these sites?

http://www.gamekool.com/buy-sky3ds-play-3ds-roms-games-on-all-new3ds3dsll2ds3dsxl9x-p-661.html

http://www.dwtechz.com/sky3ds-break-all-3ds-version-92020-for-playing-3ds-games-p-17616.html

To the mods, im sorry if Im not supposed to post links couldn't remember, I know we can't post where to get roms from though lol if its not ok let me know and I'll remove them or you can which ever :D

9. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Check the retailers section of the sky3ds site and see if those sites are there.

Also regaurding your links question. Links are allowed but no phishing links obviously

But in my opinion your better off buying a used 3ds on 9.2 or under and installing custom firmware on it. Used 3ds xl and sky3ds are the same price anyway.

Then use your current console as your legit console.

Last edited by Adeka, Sep 23, 2015
  10. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    I did, those sites where both listed on sky3ds but I was just wondering if they where legit

11. A7MAD

A7MAD GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
  12. videogame57

videogame57 Yuki~! Yuki~!

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you with a knife
    Patxinco likes this.
  13. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    To be honest, you are better using you're BD money and buy an exploitable 3DS and use a CFW like RxTools and flog the 9.9 console. Sky3ds and Gateway are worthless nowadays

14. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    MCD, peace of mind

15. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm still selling a Gateway red card + 32 GB micro SD class 10

16. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Don't think gateways are worthless, cfw can not run .3ds/.3dz files.

17. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Im a gateway user, my n3ds is sysnand is 9.0.
    i love the gateway card but moistly now i mainly just use it to boot into emunand and debugging custom made roms/homebrew
    i dont really launch much games from the cart itself, I install them to emunand with .cia files. Anyway point being is that once CFW emunands become more stable im thing of switching to a install biases.

Arithmatics likes this.
  18. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    Buy your games, piracy is not ok.

19. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I hope you're being ironic, as that sort of viewpoint is not very well represented around here. Better off sticking to the homebrew forum.

20. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    No, just tossing my hat in the ring.

Quantumcat likes this.