• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

I'm in favor of women's sports, but...

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to be honest, I watched a women's soccer match and instead I wish the TV was turned off because it was really boring, pathetic, and cringey (it's like they didn't know how to play the sport and I'd probably do better 😆).

That said, I don't watch men's sports either though they're more entertaining, at least.

Furthermore, Women's Sports need more support and I'm in favor of it, but don't ask me to watch it.

Let women have their own thing whether it's profitable or not.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Myself, I rather watch women's soccer games than watch men's soccer players pretending faults every five minutes and crying about everything (i.e. doing a Neymar).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Myself, I rather watch women's soccer games than watch men's soccer players pretending faults every five minutes and crying about everything (i.e. doing a Neymar).
Wait... You're saying women actually play the sport like it's meant to be played?

I don't watch sport either, and this is my exact reason: the most popular sport revolves around getting tackled in the correct zone and pretend you're hurt until the referee grants your team a free shot.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Forgot to add: last week or so Belgians basketball team (cats) played Spain and won the European title. Not much of a sport watcher either, but can't deny it was a very tense match.
The fact the score was very close until the last moment certainly played into that, of course.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got dragged to a WNBA match like 10 years ago, and it made me wish I was watching Baseball or Golf, which is also boring as fuck to watch. Also, I tried to watch Soccer, as a lot of my Spanish friends are obsessed with it, but it's just so boring to watch. lol

BennySatosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to what they find entertaining. But let me share a little personal story. I used to think similarly until I stumbled upon a local pickleball tournament. I was skeptical at first, but watching those women play with such skill and passion completely changed my perspective. It made me realize that sometimes, all it takes is finding the right sport or event to truly appreciate the talent and excitement.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not much of a fan of spectating any sportsball, regardless of player sex. I'll never understand the zealous fan yelling at their TV screen.

Reactions: supermist

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Sports" is relative I guess. I don't really think of fishing as a sport, for example, but some do and take it quite seriously. I followed pro sports when I was a kid, football and baseball especially, and had some "heroes" I admired. But as an adult I lost all interest in what some other people do with a ball, or puck, or whatever.

But recently I was reading about this thing, the Iditarod. And how one of the men in this year's race killed a moose during the race. And then he was penalized 2hrs. not because he killed the moose, but because he didn't do a good enough job of gutting the moose before he moved on. And I thought, "Now this is some fuggin sport!!"

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Sports" is relative I guess. I don't really think of fishing as a sport, for example, but some do and take it quite seriously. I followed pro sports when I was a kid, football and baseball especially, and had some "heroes" I admired. But as an adult I lost all interest in what some other people do with a ball, or puck, or whatever.

But recently I was reading about this thing, the Iditarod. And how one of the men in this year's race killed a moose during the race. And then he was penalized 2hrs. not because he killed the moose, but because he didn't do a good enough job of gutting the moose before he moved on. And I thought, "Now this is some fuggin sport!!"

well, as a man, i shouldnt have a seat at the table when it comes to who decides anything with womens sports, so, i dont support it, i can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto