Hacking I'm going to update now is my setup ok?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have cios36rev9 and preloader 0.29 (which makes the ios60 patcher useless right?)so this is what I'm going to do and tell me if you see an error.
Install PatcherSM_V4.0.2
install StartPatch4.0_USA
update via nintendo

So using this method it will grant me the ability to play backups via the disc channel and pirated vc and ww games off of the sd card menu right?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
if you want to just play pirated games why don't you try the usb launcher?
because all i have is a 4gb flash drive. So what do you think about my setup is it good to go?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Install HBC, and install cIOS249 rev9
- update through nintendo
- install the new cIOSCORP IOS60 and the rest of cIOSCORP
- install preloader and wait for a hacks.ini for NTSC-systems (should only take a day or so)

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
- install preloader and wait for a hacks.ini for NTSC-systems (should only take a day or so)
is that what your setup is or is that what your suggesting? I already have preloader and the cioscorp that was in the softmii package. And isn't cios36rev9 the same as cios9?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
I already have cios36rev9 and preloader 0.29 (which makes the ios60 patcher useless right?)so this is what I'm going to do and tell me if you see an error.
Install PatcherSM_V4.0.2
install StartPatch4.0_USA
update via nintendo

So using this method it will grant me the ability to play backups via the disc channel and pirated vc and ww games off of the sd card menu right?
  • If you update, you will overwrite preloader. Just so you're aware of that.
  • I'd recommend you updating with Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, as long as you're on a US or European Wii. This installs everthing new without removing any old stuff. (Just make sure you have the amount of blocks free as specified in the readme.)
  • You will need to use iospatcher60 to allow boot of trucha signed channels from SD. (i.e. anything pirated)
  • PatcherSM is only temporary. I.e. dissappears by next reboot.
  • StartPatch applies the same patches, but permanently by patching system menu. Sort of like Starfall on 3.2.
  • Starpatch is absolutely needed only if you wish to install cIOScorp on 4.0. You can load stuff from SD just by running iospatcher60.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JJBro1 said:
Slowking said:
is that what your setup is or is that what your suggesting? I already have preloader and the cioscorp that was in the softmii package. And isn't cios36rev9 the same as cios9?

Yeah that's the setup I'm suggesting. And look at the cIOS in the quote again. To avoid further confusion: Waninkokos newest cIOS.

joda said:
[*]I'd recommend you updating with Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, as long as you're on a US or European Wii. This installs everthing new without removing any old stuff. (Just make sure you have the amount of blocks free as specified in the readme.)
You can just install cIOSCORP over it again. I would jsut update with the official nintendo update.

[*]You will need to use iospatcher60 to allow boot of trucha signed channels from SD. (i.e. anything pirated)
I'm 99% sure that the cIOSCORP IOS60 is allready trucha patched, so no need for that.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
JJBro1 said:
Slowking said:
Yeah that's the setup I'm suggesting. And look at the cIOS in the quote again. To avoid further confusion: Waninkokos newest cIOS.
so will this allow me to play backups via the disc channel on 4.0? And isn't waninkokos latest cios in cios36rev9 installer?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a patched version of IOS36 but it installs as IOS249.
And yes that will allow you to play backups through the disc channel. Btw. I just saw that you can use the hacks.ini that is includet in preloader to block updates through discs even on NTSC-systems, so you won't need any of those menu patches.

Just be sure to install those things in the correct order, like I listed above.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
It's a patched version of IOS36 but it installs as IOS249.
And yes that will allow you to play backups through the disc channel. Btw. I just saw that you can use the hacks.ini that is includet in preloader to block updates through discs even on NTSC-systems, so you won't need any of those menu patches.

Just be sure to install those things in the correct order, like I listed above.
i thought it was unwise to install cIOSCORP IOS60 after the nintendo update. And are you sure you can play backups via the disc channel because people on the softmii irc are telling me that you can't. Has all of this worked for you? and doesn't the new preloader take care of ios60 for you?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you install the cIOSCROP IOS60 you should be able to run backups from the disc channel. Just keep in mind that it isn't includet in softmii yet so you have to find it first.
You can try installing it before updating the sstem menu, but I'm not sure if it gets overwritten. I installed a patched IOS60 after installing the system menu.
Just make sure the installer doesn't give you any errors and that you isntall preloader last.

I have a modchip so I can't tell you with 100% certainty if backup loading out of the disc channel will work, but like I said it should.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
If you install the cIOSCROP IOS60 you should be able to run backups from the disc channel. Just keep in mind that it isn't includet in softmii yet so you have to find it first.
You can try installing it before updating the sstem menu, but I'm not sure if it gets overwritten. I installed a patched IOS60 after installing the system menu.
Just make sure the installer doesn't give you any errors and that you isntall preloader last.

I have a modchip so I can't tell you with 100% certainty if backup loading out of the disc channel will work, but like I said it should.
can someone verify for me if this works please.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it doesn't just get a GeckoOS Channel.
biggrin.gif

yabel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are ppl so hung up on that backup disks must be able to play through the disk channel? I dont find it hard at all to load with a backup channel.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I have seen 1-2 thread about it bricking here, too. And it doesn't get you all the IOSs. I for one would want a full update. Also it doesn't give you any disadvantages to update through Nintendo if you do it right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo