Gaming I'm going to China for 3 Weeks! The land of the Giant Firewall

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm going to China later next month for 3 weeks. I know there is a huge firewall that does not allow me to go to some of the most known websites. Anyone knows a way that is confirmed to bypass this? As a precaution, is GBAtemp blocked in China? Thank you in advance.

Z

Zorua

You wouldn't want to do that. If the government finds out, you'll be in for some real trouble. Also, I don't think that GBAtemp's blocked in China because the admin(Costello) lives in China.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Based on everything I've heard through various channels over the years, I agree. You don't want to try, and you don't want to be caught asking such things whilst in Chinese borders. Just be a good lil tourist and you'll hopefully not attract any trouble.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://files.amnesty.org/death-penalty/en/...N-320x250_2.swf
happy.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Went to Beijing last month for a 5 day tourist trip. The hotel I went to blocked facebook and gmail but GBAtemp isn't blocked but the policy of what gets blocks might differ depending on where you go to go online.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
why does china have a giant firewall? does it have anything to do with there communism?
Censorship of course. And every website on China is subjected to license. Without license, it is illegal to put a website online.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
why does china have a giant firewall? does it have anything to do with there communism?
because the government likes to control all information coming in and out
doesnt stop people from setting up illegal internet connection though

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Magsor said:
Kind of a bullshit list... and wtf does this mean:
"Singapore +"
"Vietnam +"
They MAY have some?

If you read the pdf the + basically means that they know executions go on there, but there are no official numbers from the government, and no confirmation via any press releases or news that would correlate with a minimum number. Think of it like the number of suicide deaths on your local transit system. There's almost no way to get official numbers, and usually such incidents are under reported.

In China they execute people constantly at the end of the month. Which coincides with a HUGE increase in organ transplant procedures within a 48 hour period. However there are no statistics on this from the government so you can only guess.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
You wouldn't want to do that. If the government finds out, you'll be in for some real trouble. Also, I don't think that GBAtemp's blocked in China because the admin(Costello) lives in China.

Isn't Costello based out of Hong Kong though, which is very very different than being in China.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
All these comments make China seem very welcoming, lol.

If you're rich and are paying off the local government then China is really very welcoming. If you happen to be a Nobel Peace prize winner then your reception will be less than friendly. If you're poor, like 99% of the population, your life pretty much sucks ass.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One would think the number of people in a country is directly proportional to death penalty so it would make sense a place like China has the most. Not to mention morality between continents can differ significantly. Look at Haiti.

I would be stupidly deathly afraid to circumnavigate the great firewall of china, haven't you watched Mulan? Imagine Mulan but with the cyber police. Some crazy shit will happen when they back trace it. Consequences will never be the same!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill