OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Issues:

As I previously stated a few times the issues were as followed. Random freezing, lagging, corruption. When I played Phantasy Star 0 for example it froze and I was forced to shut it down. When I tried rebooting it did not turn on. The power was on but the screen was black.

My friend clonesniper666 sends me frequent DVDs with PSP games on them. When I transferred the latest from the last DVD he sent me it caused my PSP to get worse. I guess one of the ISOs had a virus. Not sure which one because I threw the disc out.

Anyways I tried fixing it myself with nandtool but it did not discover any problems. It worked on the 8GB but when I transferred it to the 4GB it did not read it so I could not use it. Even though I transferred it over. So I guessed the 4GB had the virus in it.

Anyways not realizing until later I found nearly all my save files deleted.

I figured I could downgrade using the magic memory stick but none of the programs worked or allowed me to do anything. I guess I made it worse or did something during this because now my PSP won't read any of the ISOs. Yes a CFW PSP that can't read ISOs lol...

Even if it could read all of the ISOs were corrupted. When I tried saving in games like Sar Wars BFII it froze and shut down on me. Note the blank screen is still going on during all of this.

Anyways I am really disappointed because I only had it since the beginning of July.
frown.gif

The CFW was 5.50 Prome -2.

Sony hates me.
frown.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't get a virus on a PSP....

Was it a brand new PSP you had or a second hand one? Because if you bought preowned it's kinda your own fault....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
xist said:
You can't get a virus on a PSP....
yes you can

early psp viruses would delete the FLASH0 and FLASH1 directories bricking the psp
1 - Those aren't actual viruses, they're just destructive programs (malware).
2 - That's obviously not the case here.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was a PSP 1000. Trust me when I tell you this. The memory stick was completely corrupted. I had to format it and erase everything from it. The PSP is 100% guaranteed to be corrupted. It may not be a virus or maybe it is but one thing I know for sure is the fact is also corrupted. I sent it to my friend hoping he can fix it. I am thinking it can be flashed and erased completely so it is a total brand new PSP with no settings or memory and with a complete downgraded OFW. That way it can be upgraded to CFW. I am hoping though if not somebody can buy it off me. I am willing to negotiate. Any prices are accepted as long as I can get rid of it. Honestly worst experience I ever had.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
early psp viruses would delete the FLASH0 and FLASH1 directories bricking the psp

'SDL test' and the "downgrader" PSPBrick weren't virii but user run apps.

Edited for stupid spelling error...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
>Phantasy Star 0
Phantasy Star 0 is not a PSP game.
*loses all credibility in the rest of the post*
Maybe you should download ISOs from a safe place or actually buy them instead of transfering them from a DVD and then to your PSP.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Going back to Nintendo? Why did you have to leave? When I bought a PSP, I wasn't deserting Nintendo and joining the legions of Sony. I bought it because it had games I couldn't play on my DS. It has a few gems, though I'm not really that satisfied with the hardware its self. Very bulky with poor controls. Whatever, worth what I payed for it.

People seem to think that you must side with either Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. Urgh...

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Why do all of the problems in the first post scream "corrupted/fake memory stick"

QUOTE(prowler_ @ Nov 6 2010, 08:40 AM) Buy a official memory card
????

you have a fucked up memory stick. buy a new one.

that, and there is a huge chance of something going wrong from:
Le Interwebz -> ur friend's comp -> burned dvd -> your computer -> your memstick.

dont start a big drama queen thread about how sony sucks because your psp doesnt play corrupted iso's.

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a noob to the PSP scene and it was not hard to found reliable sites for iso/cso. Maybe cutting out a couples steps of your getting file process would help to.

I am quite glad I picked up my psp again after letting it sit for so long. The last ofw i updated to I believe was 3.95 or something like that.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have both a PSP and nintendo consoles, and the corrupted memory stick problem happened me twice but not in a PS, but in a DS flascart (Two times two diferent sd cards corrupted).

I was always backing up my files so I barely lost something, but that experience never got me out of nintendo consoles.

Since then I learned not all the memories can be trusted (Here in Mexico there are a lot of fake memory sticks and SD cards), so spending a little more than the average can bring me more security, but not 100%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER