I'm going back to Nintendo

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by FlashX007, Nov 5, 2010.

Nov 5, 2010

I'm going back to Nintendo by FlashX007 at 11:00 PM (2,604 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Issues:

As I previously stated a few times the issues were as followed. Random freezing, lagging, corruption. When I played Phantasy Star 0 for example it froze and I was forced to shut it down. When I tried rebooting it did not turn on. The power was on but the screen was black.

My friend clonesniper666 sends me frequent DVDs with PSP games on them. When I transferred the latest from the last DVD he sent me it caused my PSP to get worse. I guess one of the ISOs had a virus. Not sure which one because I threw the disc out.

Anyways I tried fixing it myself with nandtool but it did not discover any problems. It worked on the 8GB but when I transferred it to the 4GB it did not read it so I could not use it. Even though I transferred it over. So I guessed the 4GB had the virus in it.

Anyways not realizing until later I found nearly all my save files deleted.

I figured I could downgrade using the magic memory stick but none of the programs worked or allowed me to do anything. I guess I made it worse or did something during this because now my PSP won't read any of the ISOs. Yes a CFW PSP that can't read ISOs lol...

Even if it could read all of the ISOs were corrupted. When I tried saving in games like Sar Wars BFII it froze and shut down on me. Note the blank screen is still going on during all of this.

Anyways I am really disappointed because I only had it since the beginning of July. [​IMG]

The CFW was 5.50 Prome -2.

Sony hates me. [​IMG]

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You can't get a virus on a PSP....

Was it a brand new PSP you had or a second hand one? Because if you bought preowned it's kinda your own fault....

3. Clanver

Newcomer Clanver Advanced Member

Germany
    *facepalm*
    they sure hate you . . im sure they hate all pirates. srsly ..

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yes you can

early psp viruses would delete the FLASH0 and FLASH1 directories bricking the psp

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - Those aren't actual viruses, they're just destructive programs (malware).
    2 - That's obviously not the case here.

6. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    It was a PSP 1000. Trust me when I tell you this. The memory stick was completely corrupted. I had to format it and erase everything from it. The PSP is 100% guaranteed to be corrupted. It may not be a virus or maybe it is but one thing I know for sure is the fact is also corrupted. I sent it to my friend hoping he can fix it. I am thinking it can be flashed and erased completely so it is a total brand new PSP with no settings or memory and with a complete downgraded OFW. That way it can be upgraded to CFW. I am hoping though if not somebody can buy it off me. I am willing to negotiate. Any prices are accepted as long as I can get rid of it. Honestly worst experience I ever had.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    'SDL test' and the "downgrader" PSPBrick weren't virii but user run apps.

Edited for stupid spelling error...

8. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    >Phantasy Star 0
    Phantasy Star 0 is not a PSP game.
    *loses all credibility in the rest of the post*
    Maybe you should download ISOs from a safe place or actually buy them instead of transfering them from a DVD and then to your PSP.

9. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Oh I meant Phantasy Star Portable. My bad. I was thinking of the DS version for some reason.

10. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Why do all of the problems in the first post scream "corrupted/fake memory stick"

11. FlashX007
    OP

United States
  12. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Buy a official memory card
    ????

13. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Um you didn't mention anything in your post about going back to Nintendo...

14. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I am going back to Nintendo consoles. My experience in Sony consoles is not worth the hassle of trying to get a replacement.

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You know if you get a certain build of flash cart with a DS Lite, there's a chance it can blow a fuse on it...

16. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Going back to Nintendo? Why did you have to leave? When I bought a PSP, I wasn't deserting Nintendo and joining the legions of Sony. I bought it because it had games I couldn't play on my DS. It has a few gems, though I'm not really that satisfied with the hardware its self. Very bulky with poor controls. Whatever, worth what I payed for it.

People seem to think that you must side with either Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. Urgh...

17. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    But haven't you heard?

Nintendo is for kids.

18. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    you have a fucked up memory stick. buy a new one.

that, and there is a huge chance of something going wrong from:
    Le Interwebz -> ur friend's comp -> burned dvd -> your computer -> your memstick.

dont start a big drama queen thread about how sony sucks because your psp doesnt play corrupted iso's.

19. Rogue_Ninja

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Im a noob to the PSP scene and it was not hard to found reliable sites for iso/cso. Maybe cutting out a couples steps of your getting file process would help to.

I am quite glad I picked up my psp again after letting it sit for so long. The last ofw i updated to I believe was 3.95 or something like that.

20. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I have both a PSP and nintendo consoles, and the corrupted memory stick problem happened me twice but not in a PS, but in a DS flascart (Two times two diferent sd cards corrupted).

I was always backing up my files so I barely lost something, but that experience never got me out of nintendo consoles.

Since then I learned not all the memories can be trusted (Here in Mexico there are a lot of fake memory sticks and SD cards), so spending a little more than the average can bring me more security, but not 100%.