Im getting a 3DS soon and i was wondering...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tj445, Mar 7, 2011.

Mar 7, 2011
  1. tj445
    OP

Member tj445 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    If my Acekard2i which is on firmware 1.8 will work in DS mode on the 3DS.
    I also have the possibility to buy the new Acekard3 but as its just a minor change card made to work on the DS mode it would be a waste of money.

So if anyone with a 3DS has confirmed Acekard working normally it would be appreciated if you give me some help

2. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    There is NO SUCH THING as "Acekard3" and yes your Acekard 2i will work on the 3DS (Team Acekard has already found a fix for it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVl0hmbAGU

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The acekard3 is fake.

The Acekard 2i can be updated to work on the 3DS, and the team will release the fix later.

4. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    They stated somewhere on these forums (forgot where, will insert link if I find it) that they will release the 3DS patch when it launches in Europe, March 25th.

5. tj445
    OP

Japan
    Just saw their Site and it kinda sucks how i have to wait till march 25, because i was going to give away my old DS after making sure i can run whatever i had on my Flashcard on the 3DS.

On a side note, what is the cheapest flash card that currently supports 3DS?

What about this, i see the guy download a version of AKAIO and it works
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ZVfjNEYIo...feature=related

6. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    The cheapest that supports DS roms on the 3DS? Probably an R4 Clone, but just stick with your Acekard 2i.

The cheapest card that can support 3DS roms? Going to your game shop and buying a 3DS game.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    1.8.x is NOT firmware, it's a menu.
    1.3, 1.4, 1.4.1 are the DSi firmware revisions and have updates to counteract them

Having AKAIO 1.8.x on your card will not make it work on a DSi 1.4.1, you need the 1.4.1 update for your card then ANY version of AKAIO will work.

8. tj445
    OP

Japan
    So in the end, has anyone with a 3DS tested using their Acekard2i without the said update from acekard.com?

And also i would like people to see the video i posted in my second post, it looks as if the dude is running it without the fix.

Off topic again but, how do you think the 3DS will block flash cards and/or brick the system when they use a valid game ID when booting?
    Wouldnt that mean that the said original game would stop working?

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The system will not brick. That's a retarded rumor some site made up.

When flash carts on the DSi are blocked the firmware just does more checking into the game the carts pretend to be. Thus the carts switch to another game.

Nintendo doesn't put the advanced checking in for all games because the space used would be huge.

10. PikaPerson01

Newcomer PikaPerson01 Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know much about programming or computers or something, but if the AceKard team released their fix, that means Nintendo could download it, figure out how it works, and fix their American and European consoles.

11. Xuphor

United States
    Very true, that's the only reaosn that makes sense to me why Acekard is delaying it.

12. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    By that logic though it only makes sense to release the update after the Europe/NA release, AND the first major update, which is due out in a few months or so.

13. Xuphor

United States
    It does, but personally, I REALLY hope they don't do that. I'd perfer they release the update before the launch too. [​IMG]

14. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The risk is whether the fact that flashcarts work on the 3DS is because Nintendo can't block it, or because they don't want to block it. There are arguments on both sides that are perfectly valid. It makes the most sense financially to release an update once they're sure the NA/Europe 3DS are working. You don't want people buying another cart because yours doesn't work.

Whether that strategy pays off will come in May-ish when the first major firmware update comes out and we'll have to see how much they are able to block flashcarts at that point.