Hacking Im getting a 3DS soon and i was wondering...

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If my Acekard2i which is on firmware 1.8 will work in DS mode on the 3DS.
I also have the possibility to buy the new Acekard3 but as its just a minor change card made to work on the DS mode it would be a waste of money.

So if anyone with a 3DS has confirmed Acekard working normally it would be appreciated if you give me some help

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj445 said:
I also have the possibility to buy the new Acekard3 but as its just a minor change card made to work on the DS mode it would be a waste of money.

So if anyone with a 3DS has confirmed Acekard working normally it would be appreciated if you give me some help

There is NO SUCH THING as "Acekard3" and yes your Acekard 2i will work on the 3DS (Team Acekard has already found a fix for it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVl0hmbAGU

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The acekard3 is fake.

The Acekard 2i can be updated to work on the 3DS, and the team will release the fix later.

They stated somewhere on these forums (forgot where, will insert link if I find it) that they will release the 3DS patch when it launches in Europe, March 25th.

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just saw their Site and it kinda sucks how i have to wait till march 25, because i was going to give away my old DS after making sure i can run whatever i had on my Flashcard on the 3DS.

On a side note, what is the cheapest flash card that currently supports 3DS?

What about this, i see the guy download a version of AKAIO and it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ZVfjNEYIo...feature=related

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheapest that supports DS roms on the 3DS? Probably an R4 Clone, but just stick with your Acekard 2i.

The cheapest card that can support 3DS roms? Going to your game shop and buying a 3DS game.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj445 said:

1.8.x is NOT firmware, it's a menu.
1.3, 1.4, 1.4.1 are the DSi firmware revisions and have updates to counteract them

Having AKAIO 1.8.x on your card will not make it work on a DSi 1.4.1, you need the 1.4.1 update for your card then ANY version of AKAIO will work.

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So in the end, has anyone with a 3DS tested using their Acekard2i without the said update from acekard.com?

And also i would like people to see the video i posted in my second post, it looks as if the dude is running it without the fix.

Off topic again but, how do you think the 3DS will block flash cards and/or brick the system when they use a valid game ID when booting?
Wouldnt that mean that the said original game would stop working?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The system will not brick. That's a retarded rumor some site made up.

When flash carts on the DSi are blocked the firmware just does more checking into the game the carts pretend to be. Thus the carts switch to another game.

Nintendo doesn't put the advanced checking in for all games because the space used would be huge.

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj445 said:
Just saw their Site and it kinda sucks how i have to wait till march 25,
I don't know much about programming or computers or something, but if the AceKard team released their fix, that means Nintendo could download it, figure out how it works, and fix their American and European consoles.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PikaPerson01 said:
tj445 said:
I don't know much about programming or computers or something, but if the AceKard team released their fix, that means Nintendo could download it, figure out how it works, and fix their American and European consoles.

Very true, that's the only reaosn that makes sense to me why Acekard is delaying it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
PikaPerson01 said:
tj445 said:

Very true, that's the only reaosn that makes sense to me why Acekard is delaying it.

By that logic though it only makes sense to release the update after the Europe/NA release, AND the first major update, which is due out in a few months or so.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Xuphor said:
PikaPerson01 said:
tj445 said:

By that logic though it only makes sense to release the update after the Europe/NA release, AND the first major update, which is due out in a few months or so.

It does, but personally, I REALLY hope they don't do that. I'd perfer they release the update before the launch too.
yaynds.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
It does, but personally, I REALLY hope they don't do that. I'd perfer they release the update before the launch too.
yaynds.gif

The risk is whether the fact that flashcarts work on the 3DS is because Nintendo can't block it, or because they don't want to block it. There are arguments on both sides that are perfectly valid. It makes the most sense financially to release an update once they're sure the NA/Europe 3DS are working. You don't want people buying another cart because yours doesn't work.

Whether that strategy pays off will come in May-ish when the first major firmware update comes out and we'll have to see how much they are able to block flashcarts at that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool