Hacking I'm choosing the G6 for GBA compatibiliy

Kezane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think its a good choice for me then? I still intend to play the old and new GBA games.

Also, what would be the average price of a G6Lite[no shipping]?

Thanks
smile.gif

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
512MB is fine imho. Even when I had my M3 CF it was just fine, it allowed me to get about 25 games on there in total (8 DS and the rest GBA) and considering I only ever play at the very most two or three games at any one time, it was still months before I had to swap any games over.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
It was a good choice for me so I'd say it's a good choice for you!
wink.gif

My G6 Lite was WAAY more expensive than anyone else's because I bought it from a local shop (01media) here in Stockholm, but I think you can get it from cheaper places from like 110-140 USD. Mine was around 220-230 USD with Passcard 3 included. Yes... double price XD

By the way, I heard there is a new, larger (though not physically), version coming out soon with 1 GigaByte memory (8 Gigabit). Perhaps something to take into consideration?

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G6 is great for GBA compat. So far, I've only noticed 2 games that haven't worked on my g6, that I've tried. Those are Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (but I got blue rescue team so it's all good there), and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (Only chain of memories I am disappointed that it doesn't work.)
Everything else I've tried works well on GBA.

If you're using the g6 only for gba, you can fit a ton of games on it. If you're using it for both, you can fit quite a few. Right now, I got 9 NDS games and 6 gba on my g6 lite.

Also the 8Gbit cart (1GB) is coming soon. Make sure you do not get the pro edition of it, which will not have GBA support.

Kezane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not so worried about space, as long as I can fit *some* games in.

*remembers the time when 512Mbit roms came out, while owning a 256Mbit cart*

Just wondering, how does the supercard compare?

Incidentilly, I can read/write chinese, though I'm more proficient in English. Will this affect my buying in anyway?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes, those days are gone where 256 mbit cards cost $130 for gba. Supercard has some problems with certain gba games but compatibility is still relatively high....since supercard did start out as a contender for a gba flashcart...just turns out it does way better handling ds. I think according to compatibility lists, supercard is compatible with ~90% of gba games...although most you may not be interested in, the big one everyone grips and bitches about is mario kart on gba. Your knowledge of chinese has 0 bearing on this buying decision, I assure you. Unless you decide to get chinese versions of whatever cart you're buying....in which case it's not rocket science to use even if you don't know chinese.

xpestilencex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G6 Lite ( English Version) Inc. Passcard-3

Note all of these have Passcard-3's included

Bamboo Gaming
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bamboogaming.com/combo-set/m3-g...bo/prod_63.html

Price : $91.74

WinSunX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=761

Price : $91.99

Divineo
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-g6passc

Price : $108.99

Real Hot Stuff
http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-passcard-bundle-p-101.html

Price : $109.99

Mod Chip Store
http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-D...h-4g-16371.html
Price : $114.95

Shop @ 01 Media
http://212.75.85.205/info.asp?ProductID=16631

Price : $143.43

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can also try Sky2k.com

$106.98 for a G6+Passcard 3. But theres Shipping too. I got mine from divineo, and am totally annoyed at the amount of time it took to get here. and the shipping brought it up to $138 :\

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful though, bamboogaming rape you in shipping costs.

u sure? they quote on the website 12$ for one item.....

also, does anyone have any idea on what this means - "caution, we do not ship the outside packaging of our products such as paper boxes"

does that mean we don't even get the box the item is originally in - WTF

i'd be grateful if someone cleared this up for me, as i'm considering ordering from there in the future....

ecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are in US, you should buy from realhotstuff.com. With 5% off coupon code 'SCDEV06', you can not beat the price and their services. Not to mention their shipping is fast.

Ragone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far i'm real happy with it!

I'm on dialup so I cant download games to quickly but I enjoy it more than my supercard

Fits in flush with my ds lite, also comes with choice of 3 carts to match your ds color

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu