I'm choosing the G6 for GBA compatibiliy

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kezane, Nov 6, 2006.

Nov 6, 2006
  1. Kezane
    OP

Newcomer Kezane Advanced Member

Do you think its a good choice for me then? I still intend to play the old and new GBA games.

Also, what would be the average price of a G6Lite[no shipping]?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    If 512MB is enough for you then it's a good choice. Otherwise M3 could be better for you.

3. blizeH

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    512MB is fine imho. Even when I had my M3 CF it was just fine, it allowed me to get about 25 games on there in total (8 DS and the rest GBA) and considering I only ever play at the very most two or three games at any one time, it was still months before I had to swap any games over.

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    It was a good choice for me so I'd say it's a good choice for you! [​IMG]

My G6 Lite was WAAY more expensive than anyone else's because I bought it from a local shop (01media) here in Stockholm, but I think you can get it from cheaper places from like 110-140 USD. Mine was around 220-230 USD with Passcard 3 included. Yes... double price XD

By the way, I heard there is a new, larger (though not physically), version coming out soon with 1 GigaByte memory (8 Gigabit). Perhaps something to take into consideration?

5. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    G6 is great for GBA compat. So far, I've only noticed 2 games that haven't worked on my g6, that I've tried. Those are Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (but I got blue rescue team so it's all good there), and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (Only chain of memories I am disappointed that it doesn't work.)
    Everything else I've tried works well on GBA.

If you're using the g6 only for gba, you can fit a ton of games on it. If you're using it for both, you can fit quite a few. Right now, I got 9 NDS games and 6 gba on my g6 lite.

Also the 8Gbit cart (1GB) is coming soon. Make sure you do not get the pro edition of it, which will not have GBA support.

6. Kezane
    OP

Newcomer Kezane Advanced Member

I'm not so worried about space, as long as I can fit *some* games in.

*remembers the time when 512Mbit roms came out, while owning a 256Mbit cart*

Just wondering, how does the supercard compare?

Incidentilly, I can read/write chinese, though I'm more proficient in English. Will this affect my buying in anyway?

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    yes, those days are gone where 256 mbit cards cost $130 for gba. Supercard has some problems with certain gba games but compatibility is still relatively high....since supercard did start out as a contender for a gba flashcart...just turns out it does way better handling ds. I think according to compatibility lists, supercard is compatible with ~90% of gba games...although most you may not be interested in, the big one everyone grips and bitches about is mario kart on gba. Your knowledge of chinese has 0 bearing on this buying decision, I assure you. Unless you decide to get chinese versions of whatever cart you're buying....in which case it's not rocket science to use even if you don't know chinese.

8. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The G6 is an excellent choice if you want true gba support. In fact, that's the same reason I purcased one.

9. xpestilencex

Newcomer xpestilencex Member

United States
    G6 Lite ( English Version) Inc. Passcard-3

Note all of these have Passcard-3's included

Bamboo Gaming
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.bamboogaming.com/combo-set/m3-g...bo/prod_63.html

Price : $91.74

WinSunX
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=761

Price : $91.99

Divineo
    http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-g6passc

Price : $108.99

Real Hot Stuff
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-passcard-bundle-p-101.html

Price : $109.99

Mod Chip Store
    http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-D...h-4g-16371.html
    Price : $114.95

Shop @ 01 Media
    http://212.75.85.205/info.asp?ProductID=16631

Price : $143.43

10. sixb0nes

Member sixb0nes GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Be careful though, bamboogaming rape you in shipping costs.

11. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    You can also try Sky2k.com

$106.98 for a G6+Passcard 3. But theres Shipping too. I got mine from divineo, and am totally annoyed at the amount of time it took to get here. and the shipping brought it up to $138 :\

12. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    u sure? they quote on the website 12$ for one item.....

also, does anyone have any idea on what this means - "caution, we do not ship the outside packaging of our products such as paper boxes"

does that mean we don't even get the box the item is originally in - WTF

i'd be grateful if someone cleared this up for me, as i'm considering ordering from there in the future....

13. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I got my G6 lite + passcard 3 from www.kicktrading.ca for about $105 + $14 shipping to the US. They shipped it very quickly. I ordered it after business hours on a friday, they processed the order saturday, and shipped it monday morning.

All the packaging was intact. [​IMG]

14. ecash

Newcomer ecash Member

United States
    If you are in US, you should buy from realhotstuff.com. With 5% off coupon code 'SCDEV06', you can not beat the price and their services. Not to mention their shipping is fast.

15. Ragone

Newcomer Ragone Advanced Member

United States
    So far i'm real happy with it!

I'm on dialup so I cant download games to quickly but I enjoy it more than my supercard

Fits in flush with my ds lite, also comes with choice of 3 carts to match your ds color