Hardware If you get a 3DS XL bundle second hand - What about the Pre-installed game?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder if i buy a second hand 3DS XL Animal Crossing bundle (with Animal Crossing New Leaf pre-installed) and the previous owner formats the system before the sale, does the pre-installed game stay on it or gets it deleted and if so, can i redownload it later with my nintendo id installed on it?

If there's no way to get Animal Crossing (or any pre-instaled game with a bundle) it's a bit useless to buy a used bundle second hand :D

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if i buy a second hand 3DS XL Animal Crossing bundle (with Animal Crossing New Leaf pre-installed) and the previous owner formats the system before the sale, does the pre-installed game stay on it or gets it deleted and if so, can i redownload it later with my nintendo id installed on it?

If there's no way to get Animal Crossing (or any pre-instaled game with a bundle) it's a bit useless to buy a used bundle second hand :D

I'm thinking if the previous owner linked the game to his NNID that it will not be possible. However, I downloaded the Zelda Four Sword anniversary edition and it stayed on the sysNAND through a factory reset. It's a DSiware title however so I'm not sure if there's a difference there. If he's selling it, maybe ask him if he can do a format or sys transfer first and let you know if the game is there?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as your friend has not linked a NNID and/or performed a system transfer, then the game will still be available to redownload from the eShop - even if the system has been formatted.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why not buy a second-hand animal crossing game as well as the 3DS??? You can find them pre-owned for dirt cheap, the gamestop I went to a week ago had 3 copies, each 7,99€ (roughly 9$)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the game 2x (My wife and 1 of my kids) , i was just wondering, cause he wants to sell it cheap and i have first choice (and i know he took damned good care of it) to me and i want to buy it for a present (he's my godchild (or whatever it is calle din english (Petekind).

He did systransffer his stuff to a N3DS (so yes it's on 9.5.0-23E, but that's no pproblem (his dad, he's a judge specialized in fraude and he does not want illegal stuff happening on anything in his house)). Ah well i'll see if it is or not, else his dad has money enough to buy the game new :P

Note just for fun: I once repeared his Wii, needed a new dvd drive, but anything else worked great, so i told him i could backup his games and put them on a hdd (softmod) else he had to buy a replacement dvd drive. His answer was: No, i can't afford that, if anyone comes at my place and see it, or friends of my kids tell it, i'm screwed
(What i completly understood) He ended in buying a new Wii and a spare one in case the other broke again, lolz)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-