Hacking If you are on Gateway what launcher?

What launcher version are you running if you are on Gateway?

• Total voters

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish we were playing StarCraft on WiiU.......

To those that are whining about this thread, as others suggested it does have value as I am trying to see how many people have stayed on the 'brickable' 2.0b2 vs. going back and in theory ending any brick threat. What would really be useful to know is what Gateway's unit sales are....just how many Gateway cards are in the wild would give us a better idea if our chances of bricking are 1 in 100, 1 in 1000, or 1 in 10.............if the bricks are 1 in 1000 that is only a .1% chance of bricking every time you run the launcher....that is pretty small risk, even 1% is a small risk but if you re-launch 10 times a day then it is not so small......Like I said in the OP I rarely exit EmuNand and cold boot as I just haven't found it that necessary, I am guessing many others are the same?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. This poll does have merit. I have a Gateway, an assortment of DS(i) flash carts, but no other 3DS flash carts. The poll when I looked at the results says that the majority of those that answer no longer trust Gateway. I'm curious as to how many people no longer trust them... And they should be as well.

As a GW owner (I do not own or have access to any clones), my "faith" is shaken by this. Sure the clones are clearly not safe to buy, but if the claims of malicious code are true than neither is a Gateway. If they put that code in there it already shows that they have no boundaries or foresight. Knowledgeable and talented they may be, that "epic brick" code is so far and beyond it's like a 5 year old having a tantrum... No regard or sensibility for the situation at hand. They don't even seem to understand that there are a very limited number of 4.X or lower units out there to be had and that this is killing their own market... And now a good majority of their limited market is scared to use their or anyone else's product...

I'm about ready to declare that this is a Nintendo conspiracy. "We told you in our EULA that non-official stuff would brick your 3DS." Then they went and started a shadow company called Gateway. "See!?! What did we say!?!"

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using 2.02b but no Emunand at all. I'm just trying to beat as many games as I can at the moment, can't deal with save issues from 2.01b and I had some game freezes with 1.2 after a while of using that. Might have been a hardware thing, but I have had no issues with either after I went to 2.02b. I will update to 2.0 final when I beat my current game if I am not already in between games at release. I'm sure nothing will go wrong but I'd rather not have the chance of losing save data half way through and such.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using 2.0b1 on my XL with emunand 6.3 ,but i usually just boot to sysnand since booting into emunand is pretty much useless unless i want to use youtube

and i have 2.0b1 on my regular 3ds with emunand 6.2 , i wasnt fast enough after 2.01b to get emunand 6.3 DOH
ended up not updating my launcher to 2.0b2 cause i procrastinated WOO HOO

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
2.0b2 with 7.1 emunand. Not really afraid. Who knows, the brick may be triggered because of bad sdcards... If it fails to read any part of the launcher it would trigger, right?

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 2.0b2 with emunand 7.1. I stopped smoking pot years ago, so I don't suffer from paranoia about every little rumor or fear I read on the internet anymore.

kirillov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 2.0b2 with emunand 7.1. I stopped smoking pot years ago, so I don't suffer from paranoia about every little rumor or fear I read on the internet anymore.

I thought like you after i bricked my 3ds... srsly, be on 2.0b1 until next firmware (if it doesn´t contain brickcode)

Reactions: Nightwish

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought like you after i bricked my 3ds... srsly, be on 2.0b1 until next firmware (if it doesn´t contain brickcode)

I appreciate your concern, but I'm not worried. I have tried repeatedly to get my 3DS to brick by power cycling it "normally" with the official launcher (power on, go into GW mode, wait to boot, load game, stop game, poweroff system). I did this more than 20 times in a row when I first read reports of legit GW users on here getting bricked. The worst that happened was I would get the black screen freeze while going into GW mode. Rebooted the 3DS and everything was fine.

If it does happen to brick (which I still have my doubts about), I'll just fix it myself or send it in for repair. I also have a spare 3DS that is collecting dust that I can use until I decide to have it fixed.

kirillov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate your concern, but I'm not worried. I have tried repeatedly to get my 3DS to brick by power cycling it "normally" with the official launcher (power on, go into GW mode, wait to boot, load game, stop game, poweroff system). I did this more than 20 times in a row when I first read reports of legit GW users on here getting bricked. The worst that happened was I would get the black screen freeze while going into GW mode. Rebooted the 3DS and everything was fine.

If it does happen to brick (which I still have my doubts about), I'll just fix it myself or send it in for repair. I also have a spare 3DS that is collecting dust that I can use until I decide to have it fixed.

Of course do what you want, but remember the killcode affects you in a random date (according to the code), not booting 20 or more times.

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2.0b2, up to date emuNAND on a Korean 3DSXL.
Enjoying the stability, no issue since I got my Gateway. I got it lately so it has always been running on this firmware from the moment I got it.

Still I am waiting for a firmware clean of the supposed malicious code. I don't like the idea of having this triggerable at any time. They feeling they must fight the clones is not my issue and is affecting me as a customer, this is a shitty company.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.0b2, up to date emuNAND on a Korean 3DSXL.
Enjoying the stability, no issue since I got my Gateway. I got it lately so it has always been running on this firmware from the moment I got it.

Still I am waiting for a firmware clean of the supposed malicious code. I don't like the idea of having this triggerable at any time. They feeling they must fight the clones is not my issue and is affecting me as a customer, this is a shitty company.

oh you are a brave one , 2.ob2 ,7.1 emunand AND you have a KOREAN system
remember the wii ?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a wii? I doubt the same principles apply here.
But really you should go back to beta 1 as you never know whats going to happen.

i was half joking ,just saying korean nintendo systems have a history of bricks, i know its a totally different system and probably has no bearing on the 3ds situation

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
US 3DS with 2.0b2 and 7.1 Emunand.. Im using 2.0b2 since release so i wont downgrade from just rumors..
There are only 7 confirmed bricked so nothing to be scared about.. When it reach 15 or more i will totally downgrade to version 1...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
US 3DS with 2.0b2 and 7.1 Emunand.. Im using 2.0b2 since release so i wont downgrade from just rumors..
There are only 7 confirmed bricked so nothing to be scared about.. When it reach 15 or more i will totally downgrade to version 1...

Because 15 makes a huge difference compared to 7. Good luck, mate. Enjoy your brick.

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
Because 15 makes a huge difference compared to 7. Good luck, mate. Enjoy your brick.

You do know that im not the only one using Version 2.0b2..look at the poll..
besides Gateway said that its safe.. even if it is not.. just like what they always say:
"i'd rather trust and regret than doubt and regret - Kirito"

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.0b2 here.

As of this post, it appears that approximately 101 Gateway users have responded to this poll. I found fewer than ten confirmed bricks so far, and only five from GBATemp, since the entire bricking debacle began.

Going strictly off of GBATemp'ers, only, the odds so far of being bricked is a bit less than 5%.

I can live with those odds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2