Hacking If we can theme the system menu...

Gunfreak11

OP
Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
then we should be able to install the latest version of flash on opera. That would be amazing... And if they added support for java... oh my!

I wish I had the knowlege to do it myself, but im really terrible at coding... Furthermore, is such an update even possible?

Hell, while im at it, why not make links clickable and/or a copy paste feature, and with added tab support...

Better yet, why not make a new browser with download to sd?

Now I feel like a jackass who takes from the community Q.Q...

But seriously, the lack of a recent flash client on opera is really starting to suck...

What about Firefox? IIRC, it's open source, so wouldn't it be easy to port?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the problem with flash on the wii is that adobe has not released the flash sdk for the latest version so thats why the opera channel on the wii has such an old version of flash i don't think porting a different browser will help but running the browser from a different platform might help i believe that is one of wii linux's goals because i'v used opera on ubuntu and windows and both have had the latest flash player so its not opera's problem its adobe not releasing the sdk.

this can also be seen when using the psp browser when it says that you need a newer version of flash player.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Yeah, and why can't Adobe release that SDK? The Wii is stuck with Flash 7, and I can't do crap!

Because it isn't profitable for them to. Unfortunately until there is a monetary incentive (for either nintendo or adobe) I don't see it happening.

Jacol Beyros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
i think the problem with flash on the wii is that adobe has not released the flash sdk for the latest version so thats why the opera channel on the wii has such an old version of flash i don't think porting a different browser will help but running the browser from a different platform might help i believe that is one of wii linux's goals because i'v used opera on ubuntu and windows and both have had the latest flash player so its not opera's problem its adobe not releasing the sdk.

this can also be seen when using the psp browser when it says that you need a newer version of flash player.
oh my god! have you heard of periods? i ran out of breath reading that in my head! DX

on topic: how does editing the system menu effect internet channel hacking? theyve got nothing in common.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
If we can theme the system menu...

then we should be able to install the latest version of flash on opera.

I don't follow your logic here ...because there is none ;-)

The opera channel is an application launched by the System Menu, just like your other channels, it is not part of the System Menu

apart of that, Opera Wii has probably been optimized for the system, you are not on a PC with 512Mb RAM here... and there also commercial issues, Flash is a proprietary format and updated libraries does not exist for the Wii, period

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1