Gaming If it was up to, you what DLC would you add to 3DS games?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like them to add more Pinball tables to the Zen Pinball. As well as more tables for the Williams Pinball hall of fame. More cars & tracks for my Need for Speed the run. More levels and items for Green Lantern. And just about anything else that expands the fun of any purchased game. But not to be just a bunch of crap like clothes, hats, pants for Avatars, what a waste of real money for fake clothes. I want the DLC content to be of true quality not just a mad money grab for something lame.
Huh, I actually would put 1 or 2 bucks if they ever offered something like clothing or hats (outside of the plaza) for Miis.

Reactions: 2 people

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like them to add more Pinball tables to the Zen Pinball. As well as more tables for the Williams Pinball hall of fame. More cars & tracks for my Need for Speed the run. More levels and items for Green Lantern. And just about anything else that expands the fun of any purchased game. But not to be just a bunch of crap like clothes, hats, pants for Avatars, what a waste of real money for fake clothes. I want the DLC content to be of true quality not just a mad money grab for something lame.
Huh, I actually would put 1 or 2 bucks if they ever offered something like clothing or hats (outside of the plaza) for Miis.
Im sayin. I love my purple beanie on my mii, but the clothes and whatnot are so bland (technically they don't count as clothes anyway...) I'd like a kind of animal crossing dlc into mii maker that gives you the ability to create a design for your mii to wear, like you can at the able sisters in animal crossing. The fact that we can dress our mii up in MT Open, and not in the mii maker itself is stupid

Reactions: 1 person

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Add new characters to MK7. Some of those we've been 'missing' from past MK games (where is Waluigi!?) and new tracks (though it should be limited to Retro reappearances in my opinion, since they'd better save all their creative ideas for the next Mario Kart Games instead :P)

New maps and modes for Kid Icarus Uprising, though that probably wont happen anytime soon.

ChaosAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy the DLC that is being given to Fire Emblem, though I prefer it be a bit cheaper, and perhaps character packs. FE1 pack for $1.99 or something like that with 3-4 characters from that game.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I quite like the idea of the Fifa DLC- you have a complete game and it can be expanded to incorporate a new competition.

I would quite like something that rewards you for playing multiple titles in a series- like how the GBA -> DS was meant to work (and did briefly for Pokemon)- If your 3DS detects that you have played NSMB it will unlock a new world in NSMB2. The potential for Rune factory games is enormous....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I quite like the idea of the Fifa DLC- you have a complete game and it can be expanded to incorporate a new competition.

I would quite like something that rewards you for playing multiple titles in a series- like how the GBA -> DS was meant to work (and did briefly for Pokemon)- If your 3DS detects that you have played NSMB it will unlock a new world in NSMB2. The potential for Rune factory games is enormous....
That's actually a really cool idea. Although, I think it might make more sense for there to be "rewards" in NSMB2 if you've beaten SM3DL

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't mine the chibi (little) style of the Miis I just want them to have real arms, legs and clothes.
Don't they have arms and legs for certain games and stuff? I mean, they usually don't, but I've noticed that for certain Wii Sports games, etc they have arms (if I remember correctly)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mine the chibi (little) style of the Miis I just want them to have real arms, legs and clothes.
Don't they have arms and legs for certain games and stuff? I mean, they usually don't, but I've noticed that for certain Wii Sports games, etc they have arms (if I remember correctly)

But they should have them all the time. Most of the time they are heads on bowling pins with baseball-bat arms. For all intended purposes Mario is a chibi character. Why can't we customize them and turn them into real mario brothers' characters? Nintendo needs to learn more then 5 years old and teenagers play video games.

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But they should have them all the time. Most of the time they are heads on bowling pins with baseball-bat arms. For all intended purposes Mario is a chibi character. Why can't we customize them and turn them into real mario brothers' characters? Nintendo needs to learn more then 5 years old and teenagers play video games.
Hm... Mario-styled Miis... that's actually a really cool idea. :unsure:

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
if it was up to me, i'd make a firmware update that lets the 3DS do patches for DS games.
1. 3DS mode for DS games (basically, letting the DS game romp on 3DS resources), which adds:
2. Access to RAM, shaders, SD card, camera, gyro, pedometer, native circle pad support, EVERYTHING--for DS games.
3. Texture swaps
4. Full expansions
5. Firmware level tunnelling mode for DS/3DS games which have local play but no online play.
6. Suspend feature for DS games.
7. Screen capture feature for Game Notes app (because let's face it, that feature is pretty much forgotten--this should put it to good use). you can choose which screen to export. 3DS top screen will export MPO and JPG; touch screen and DS games export JPG at 1:1 resolution.
8. Better fucking camera algorithms. And Instagram-style filters. because face it, those filters applied properly make shit images look half as bad. And i bet the images are muddy because they are BLOWN UP -- zooming them out should keep images crystal. We don't need 640x480 if they're muddy-- i'll take smaller, 400x240 clear images.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

I'm 30 and have no problems with the Miis.

I'd think it's the 5 year old to teenage group that are more likely to be overly worried about avatars, anyway.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country

I'd think it's the 5 year old to teenage group that are more likely to be overly worried about avatars, anyway.
I agree with that, us older folks who grew up sans avatar look at them as an amusing extra, the teens- early 20's 'raised on working forums' brigade are more likely to care

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with that, us older folks who grew up sans avatar look at them as an amusing extra, the teens- early 20's 'raised on working forums' brigade are more likely to care
Well, I like avatars but I dont really "care" about them. If I could give my me a jacket or something I would think that's cute and all and probably do it, but as they look now I am perfectly fine with.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like if it was released new levels in SM3DL
Also, I think MK7 could get more old levels, fix the bugged tracks on offline mode
Street Fighter 4 could get animated backgrounds
Zelda OOT could get the world after Ganodorf
There could be DLC packages with the best player levels of Pushmo
Access of DSi/3DS wi-fi connections, native use of analog, and Widescreen, and maybe 3D, for DS games

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zelda OOT could get the world after Ganodorf
What do you mean?

When Ganodorf took control of the world many things changed
The skies got dark
Hyrule city was destroyed and got many zombies there
Zora's fountain got frozen