Hacking If i want to play GBA ROM's on my DS...

Sageofdoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks thats all i wanted to know
biggrin.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two other things:

First, although you store your games on your slot-1 card, you copy them over to the 3-in-1 to play them (using a program on the DS). This takes, like, 30 seconds, although a copied game stays in the 3-in-1 until you overwrite it (so you could, in theory, delete it from the slot-1 card if you're really low on space. Not that I recommend that.) You can also boot up straight into the game you currently have in your 3-in-1 if you want, which is nice.

Likewise, the 'current' save for the game currently in the 3-in-1 is stored in the 3-in-1 itself; the copying programs will handle copying it back into the slot-1 card when you change games. I recommend backing your savegame back into your slot-1 card every time you stop playing, though.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Two other things:

First, although you store your games on your slot-1 card, you copy them over to the 3-in-1 to play them (using a program on the DS). This takes, like, 30 seconds, although a copied game stays in the 3-in-1 until you overwrite it (so you could, in theory, delete it from the slot-1 card if you're really low on space. Not that I recommend that.) You can also boot up straight into the game you currently have in your 3-in-1 if you want, which is nice.

Likewise, the 'current' save for the game currently in the 3-in-1 is stored in the 3-in-1 itself; the copying programs will handle copying it back into the slot-1 card when you change games. I recommend backing your savegame back into your slot-1 card every time you stop playing, though.
If you use Rudolph's 3-in-1 Tool in PSRAM mode, you don't need to store the games in the 3-in-1; you can just play them from RAM, which is much faster, but it's limited to games that are under 16MB (which is still the majority of GBA games).

Sageofdoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now im confused, if i have the ROM's in my slot 1's microSD then I need rudolphs tool, but do the saves stay in my slot one or are they transferred to my EZ Flash?
wacko.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Now im confused, if i have the ROM's in my slot 1's microSD then I need rudolphs tool, but do the saves stay in my slot one or are they transferred to my EZ Flash?
wacko.gif

Both. When a game is flashed (To either RAMs) the save is transfered from your Slot-1 to the 3-in-1's built in SRAM. When a new game is flashed (Again to either) the SRAM in the 3-in-1 is transfered back to the Slot-1.

QUOTEThe PSRAM and NOR still confuse me.
wacko.gif
PSRAM- Game is stored on slot-1, flashed to the RAM, when DS loses power (Turned off, no battery) it is erased. (Not the save). PSRAM is much, MUCH faster than NOR RAM, and doesn't have to be erased. (Seeing as it is when it loses power)

NOR- Same as above, but minus the losing power/erased part. It stays when power is lost. But, it takes a _long_ time to erase the NOR RAM and a long time to write to it.

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
So there's an option in Rudolph's tool that says "Copy PSRAM SAV to Slot-1" or something? Also, what's the 3-in-1's battery used for?

EDIT: Another question. In this video, the game is being put in NOR right? It didn't seem to take that long. >_>

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So there's an option in Rudolph's tool that says "Copy PSRAM SAV to Slot-1" or something? Also, what's the 3-in-1's battery used for?

EDIT: Another question. In this video, the game is being put in NOR right? It didn't seem to take that long. >_>

It copies/writes the save automatically. (Real convenient
biggrin.gif
) But there is an option to do that, but you only need to if you want your save and you're gonna sell your 3-in-1 or something.

Maybe there's just something wrong with my 3-in-1, because it takes quite awhile longer to flash a same sized game.. Took about 1.5 minutes to flash it.. (Yes it was in NOR, when you reset in Rudolph's tool, it doesn't show the Loading... screen. He probably just flashed his DS so he could turn it off and on so fast)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast