Hacking if i buy and use sx os will i be able to later boot in the regular os and play online games?

orizach01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
for example, i have splatoon 2 and when i will have sx os, will i be able to boot to the original firmware to play splatoon 2 online or there's a risk of getting banned?

Zhiggler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a bunch of unknowns right now. Until SX OS is released, I'd say no, because we don't have confirmation, but you could still get it, and wait for news on whether or not you'll be able to cleanly switch between CFW and OFW without a problem. Emunand is also possibly going to happen, so there is the possibility of having a clean Sysnand to play Splatoon on, and emunand for everything else.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You are risking a ban using the sx os thing whitout a emunand, that does not mean that a ban is sure, but it would be more safe to wait for sx os os to include emunand or to the relase of atmosphere to have emunand, whit a emunand, you can do in it all the hacky stuff offline and then swap to your system memory that is clean to play online games.

But who knows maybe nintendo does not give a shit and bans are rare, you can also wait for others to test it and see what happens to others, then after seen what happen to others(if bans are normal or rare) to decide yourself then

Last edited by Red1Reaper,

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Xecuter's page:
  • "Q: If I boot in OFW mode and play my original purchased game online, am I safe?
    A:
    Yes, you are safe to play original games online in OFW mode."

Dunno if it's actually guaranteed or not. :)

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I recommend a simple way to avoid unban : keep the original Switch unmodified and buy a second switch and use it only with Xecuter Os ,, Is Still going to be cheap , and plus your gonna have an extra pair of joycons :-)

Reactions: PriMieon

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean there's also a thing in hekate that clears your nand log that gets sent to Nintendo randomly now. I would be shocked if SX OS didn't have that, wipe that before going back to OFW and that's one window shut, doesn't mean Nintendo is trying to see you through the other windows however (aka I'm sure they have other methods of detecting cfw)

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find plenty of FAQ on this in this https://gbatemp.net/forums/switch-backup-loaders-modchips.293/ section.

You're going to get BANNED if you dive online with free games. Just keep that in your head.

No one here can tell you what N's going to do when the mass amounts of 'freh gemez' are played/updated online, but it wouldn't be a shock to see the first real banwave before August. Best thing for you to do would be to READ everything you can and wait and see what happens a month or so after it's been released to the public. They are not banning 1 by 1, so any comments on 'what will happen' is speculation. By "1 by 1" I mean the few hackers that have their means of playing 'backups' and telling you it's safe.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you are a grown up man and every time I see you in this forum, don’t you have anything better to do? Like working and gaining money to feed your children?

You 26, him 21, me a youthful, kind, and heartwarming 118. I see you on here a lot, too. Especially in this https://gbatemp.net/threads/copies-of-sx-pro-or-sx-os.506749/page-3 thread. Seems like it's just an exciting time for all and many posts will be made. Team Xec's work will speak for itself. I'll be lurking YouTube for those that make videos of it.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0