Hacking If i buy a ps4 with a lower firmware, can i update to 7.55?

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I want to buy a modded ps4 pro, but i wonder if it’s possible to buy a ps4 pro with a lower version and then update to 7.55. Not sure if it’s possible, i never had a sony console.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a modded ps4 pro, but i wonder if it’s possible to buy a ps4 pro with a lower version and then update to 7.55. Not sure if it’s possible, i never had a sony console.

Yes USB fat32/exfat

Base FW if you can get into os already
Re-installation FW if new HDD

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coo, thanks. Just to find the OFW 7.55 and install it from a usb key formatted in exfat? that's all?

You gotta to understand. It doesn't matter but PS4 can only recognize the file systems exFAT and FAT32. ... Like NTFS, exFAT allows individual files larger than 4GB. FAT32 is a better common file system but it doesn't support up to a 4GB individual file.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure but why?

If it’s a <=5.05 console, keep it on 5.05.
If it’s a 5.50-6.72 console, keep it 6.72.
If it’s a 7.00-7.02, keep it 7.02.
If it’s 7.50-7.55 make sure it’s 7.55.

For example: I would never update a 5.05/6.72 to 7.55, it’s a far worse experience.

clianvXAi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sure but why?

For example: I would never update a 5.05/6.72 to 7.55, it’s a far worse experience.

What’s the difference btw 5.05/6.72 to 7.55? 7.55 have bugs in terms of restarting?

I asked because in my country, at second hand, a ps4 pro is 300-350 dollars, but a modded ps4 pro is almost 450.i hoped i will find a ps4 pro with a lower firmware, that i can upgrade at a firmware that is jailbreakable.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps4 exploits aren't reliable. there's always a chance for a kernel panic where the system just shuts off. it's more prevalent the higher the firmware, but they still happen even on 5.05, just not that often.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What’s the difference btw 5.05/6.72 to 7.55? 7.55 have bugs in terms of restarting?

I asked because in my country, at second hand, a ps4 pro is 300-350 dollars, but a modded ps4 pro is almost 450.i hoped i will find a ps4 pro with a lower firmware, that i can upgrade at a firmware that is jailbreakable.
S T A B I L I T Y

The higher the firmware the less stable the exploit.

Reactions: godreborn and Prb

SpaceMunkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Every time you switch off the console, yes.
If u put it in sleep mode, then no.

It's not rocket science to activate hen if u restart the ps4, but it's just u don't want to see it go into kernel panic.

D

Deleted User

Do you need to deploy hen everytime you close the console?

5.05 should take less than 5 minutes to get the exploit to work
7.55 could take up to 5 hours to get the exploit to work from my experience, although usually more like 1 hour.

And you can just use backports to play all 7.55 games on 5.05, or 99% of them at least.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but why?

this has been something putting of my ps4, i bought it pre modded on 5.05 but most of my games are on a higher firmware and never really bothered with it so not sure if its even possible to play my legit games on it, main purpose for getting a modded ps4 was to enjoy cheats/mods (not piracy).

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good info. I had the same questions, as I have a ps4 pro on 5.05 that i've been saving. I really need to get it up and running. I'm glad to hear backporting games works for most games. Are there any benefits at all to updated to the latest firmware? any features or homebrew that can only be used on certain firmwares but not others?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has been something putting of my ps4, i bought it pre modded on 5.05 but most of my games are on a higher firmware and never really bothered with it so not sure if its even possible to play my legit games on it, main purpose for getting a modded ps4 was to enjoy cheats/mods (not piracy).
By suggestion is to update to the latest firmware and use save wizard, unless backups still interest you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good info. I had the same questions, as I have a ps4 pro on 5.05 that i've been saving. I really need to get it up and running. I'm glad to hear backporting games works for most games. Are there any benefits at all to updated to the latest firmware? any features or homebrew that can only be used on certain firmwares but not others?
Some apps and payloads only work with 5.05, such as orbisman or the clock/rtc payload.

Reactions: osaka35 and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sell your 5.05 console and buy a savewizard account and a higher firmware console. Then you can run latest games, all your disc games, and have cheats.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell your 5.05 console and buy a savewizard account and a higher firmware console. Then you can run latest games, all your disc games, and have cheats.

I have savewizard for my other ps4 that i use for newer games, i got a modded one on 5.05 for actual cheat codes and mods but never got round to looking into it due to having cancer back then and now heads up my arse and dont remember much, bad memory.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have savewizard for my other ps4 that i use for newer games, i got a modded one on 5.05 for actual cheat codes and mods but never got round to looking into it due to having cancer back then and now heads up my arse and dont remember much, bad memory.
Well that sucks, I hope you're doing much better now bud.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks, I hope you're doing much better now bud.
it defo sucks, should be on the mend now but had that much crap put into me its got rid of the cancer but fucked up other parts of my body, ive been reporting it for over a year and drs just say its side affects of chemo, but had to get mad and kick off and demand a scan and hey presto found damage to my organs and pancreas now high as a kite on loads of different types of morphine and fentanyl so my head is up my arse most of the time lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q