Hacking If i bought a wii today?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could make a backup, but you couldn't restore it, which is what he wants to do with pune's tool. That requires the Konami code, which can only be entered with a GC controller.

Damn ! Never realized that ! Just modded one of those a few weeks ago, and made a Nand Backup too.
Guess it's useless without infectus :(

Hope TT make a fix for this..

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You could make a backup, but you couldn't restore it, which is what he wants to do with pune's tool. That requires the Konami code, which can only be entered with a GC controller.

Damn ! Never realized that ! Just modded one of those a few weeks ago, and made a Nand Backup too.
Guess it's useless without infectus :(

Hope TT make a fix for this..
Well if you are able to access Bootmii as IOS, then there are other ways to fix your Wii besides restoring a nand backup.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn I restored my NAND the other day without entering any kind of codes...

Edit: didn't realize that the code isn't required for bootmii as boot2. I wonder if they'll bother updating it to have a (simpler) code for non-GC compatible consoles

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

Hm I didnt know about this (never restored NAND). Thats quite a drawback, even though it shouldnt happen if youre careful with your Wii :rolleyes:
Im still curios as to how the motherboard looks like in these Wiis. It would be cool if the solderpoints for the GC controllers are still there :P

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Hm I didnt know about this (never restored NAND). Thats quite a drawback, even though it shouldnt happen if youre careful with your Wii :rolleyes:
Im still curios as to how the motherboard looks like in these Wiis. It would be cool if the solderpoints for the GC controllers are still there :P
They made it harder to do because using bootmii as boot2 to restore a NAND is supposed to be much safer than using bootmii as IOS (I've never tried using bootmii as IOS for restoring, so I can't say either way). If you can access bootmii as IOS, then you really don't need to use it anyway.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes the Wii U is coming soon.

Definition of SOON

at once

Nintendo's Definition of Soon

In 5 years
Emabassy pizzas defenition of Soon
never its been saying that since i was 5 (im 12 now)
On topic: no new wiis can't play backups. get a used wii and hope its old. (i was luckly becuase mine had that disc drive in 2010)

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for spoiling it for me!
You told me it's mind-blowing, so my mind is going into it pre-blown, and once a mind is *pre*-blown, it cannot be *re*-blown.

PS: What you said make perfect sense. To restore virgin nand you need to access wii nand without using nand (like using gparted live, if you want to erase one operating system in your hard disk (re:dual booting)), so using GC mode make sense, did not do anyt further reading. I did not hack it, just returned it. Shoppers selling regular wii's for $129 and I am sure there will be $50 wii door crashes on boxing day!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.