If EA is going to make BF for nx.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Yil, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    We finally clear all the bro gamers out of wii u community. I do not wish bro games to be back here. F*c* EA. EA is the last third party nintendo should think of, even after Activision considering they at least have skylander. Just think of everything EA ruined over the years.

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Don't be such an extremist, whomever wants to develop for the NX whenever it cames should be welcome.
    Specially if it is the publisher of Mass Effect 4.

koim likes this.
  3. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Mass Effect 3 was already bad thanks to EA.

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    That's not really a bad thing. More options are good. More options attract more people, more people mean a bigger userbase, and a bigger userbase means a bigger market publishers and developers are willing to try to put games out for. It will take more than a single game to get that many people on board, though. We'll see what happens.

5. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I do not wish bro gamers to be back on Nintendo. I hate people who say bro and swear all day.

6. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It could have been better, but it wasn't bad. It still is one of the best (or just the best?) one player game experience I've had on the Wii U.
    Tastes aside, I still will play ME4, be it on the NX, PS4, PC...
    Don't play those games?
    Nobody forces you to play games with communities you don't like.

PS: You having the possibility to choose aside, I think you're being a little... how would you say that in English... snobbish?

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Nov 6, 2015
  7. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    That doesn't mean they're going to inherently be coming into your house and whispering in your ear every time you touch the NX. If you don't want to bother with those people, then doing buy BF and turn on the voice chat. I doubt people that would only buy a NX for BF (assuming they forgot there are other platforms that will probably have more things they want) will be overlapping into other online communities tied to the NX. Even if they did, they'd probably only overlap into other games that would be along the same lines as BF.

I PC game a lot. BF and CoD exist on PC, but I can safely say I haven't had to deal with any of those people just because we use the same platform. I play very different games that won't typically attract those people. Just live and let live. As long as you don't go out of your way to pester those people and their communities, I doubt they will come over to bother you and yours. Sharing a platform doesn't mean sharing a community.

8. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    That is fair. Steam is pretty good and they do not advertise with bro games. Hell most of bro games did not even make it on mac/ linux.
    But they do go out and say who ever not playing bro games are lame and publicly insult other people. EA's boss is probably some evil entity or its believers.

Last edited by Yil, Nov 6, 2015
  9. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Well, bullies be bullies.
    If that is the case, you will be bullied for not playing them on Xbox One or PS4 anyway.
    Let them be, and walk your path.

10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I haven't noticed them, though I don't use Steam nor their forums. Either way, why care what some random stranger thinks? Sounds stressful.

11. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    EA will ignore the NX and this single action will be the kiss of death. Much like it was for the dreamcast.

12. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Then don't play the games they play online...? The thing with Nintendo is, they're known to always have the cheaper console. I heard that they were even going to manufacture the NX at a loss and depend on software sales, which in my opinion will only take a new Mario, Zelda and hopefully a Metroid Prime and they'd be golden. All just to keep the lower price tag. Knowing the Gamecube was only $99 at one point, that was probably their tactic. Knowing how powerful it is somewhat through the software SDK, Nintendo has got something crazy as fuck up their sleeve. It almost sounds risky, but since their new president is a former banker and the former Nintendo of America president before Reggie, I wouldn't be surprised of his predictions of the NX outselling the Wii are true. The thing is, if you have a powerful system that can play all the AAA titles from third parties with all of the Nintendo first parties on it, Sony and Microsoft are done for, plus they'll be ready to release the next console after that when Sony and Microsoft are getting ready for their next systems.