mooncraterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I cannot get this cart to work. I have tried multiple firmwares etc. It gives an error when loading. It does work in a dslight after following steps to get it working.

I have a feeling its something to do with firmware 3.0.0.6? and it being collectors zelda edition 3ds?

error is:

An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the operations manual for details.

Please help!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the ds-mode is not supported as cyclods disappeared and never updated the bootloader. only the dsi-mode will work as its using an actual game as the exploit, something nintendo won't block. with that said, dsi-mode running ds software isn't something you'll enjoy experiencing. the "compatibility layer" is a joke and hardly functions.

the ievo is a good (yet unsupported) ds-mode flash kit, with dsi-mode homebrew support. if you got one for anything else you should try to return it for something with more support (ak2i, r4i gold.cn, scds2, etc).

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The cycloDS people said that they are aware of the 3.0.0.6 problem and a fix will be out soon. Are they pulling my leg?
Probably yes. No news from them in a year or so. Thus your best bet is to get another cart, one that works on the latest firmwares and is updated when needed. If you want the same set of features (and a bit more) minus the DSi mode, go for the SC DSTwo. If you don't want real time save or anything like that, go for the AK2i or R4i Gold.

It's a pity that the cart costs quite a premium price, but the features aren't usable in any smart way. The cart works well in a DSL or a DSi on 1.4.2 or lower. Otherwise it's just a paperweight if not even that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night