Iedge 2.2 firmware .sav problem advisory

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by Lemski07, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. Lemski07
    OP

Newcomer Lemski07 Advanced Member

Philippines
    Please be advised that the latest update on Iedge firmware won't load your save files

just be patient on 2.1 for the moment. coz It happened accidentally that my previosly created sav file was erased and replaced by new sav which doesnt load up also. [​IMG]

2. frederic

Newcomer frederic Member

United Kingdom
    Ive just put on the new 2.2 and all seems to be working fine. Ive tried a dozen games and the saves all loaded up. Maybe the problem you`ve mentioned is game specific? What games have you tried?

3. Lemski07
    OP

Philippines
    Yeah the games all loads up but your save file doesnt, I downloaded the firmware update here in filetrip, well I'll try it again [​IMG]
    Ive tried poke white(e)apatched, rune factory 3, plants vs. zombies but it seems the save I got does not load up.

and tried it also monster rancher, etrian odessey3, golden sun, sims3 , inazuma11

maybe just you have said it would save up but after you have restarted your ds it would be nothing to load up

Ive redownloaded the firmware update to there official site but same results.

4. frederic

Newcomer frederic Member

United Kingdom
    The saves are loading up that Ive tried , but I havent tried any of the games youve listed, I have tried older games. I have found the problem with Sims 3 too , but I have only now put that game on the card, so it maybe fixes for the newer games that are failing. I`ll try to test the games you listed.

EDIT:I am starting to see what you mean.... Plants v Zombies said it was saving, I reset the ds , load the game up again, back to level 1-1.

5. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I've tried all the games you tested except for Pokemon White, all of them worked and saved fine. Maybe it's just yours that doesn't work.

6. anton123

Newcomer anton123 Advanced Member

United States
    It's a good thing I backup all my saves. I had the issue with the Sims 3 and swapped back to 2.1.

7. Lemski07
    OP

Philippines
    Yeah it will save just fine all of the games I tested saved but if you restarted your ds your saves would vanish [​IMG]

Im trying right now reformatting my sd if it does not show up I'll just use 2.1 for the moment and wait and see what will happen [​IMG]

8. moodswinger

Philippines
    No, it wouldn't, as I've said, I tried what you said what you're doing and it saved perfectly. Nothing vanished.

9. Lemski07
    OP

Philippines
    what kind of edge do you use? the original one or the Iedge one because im using the latter one [​IMG]

if you try the sims 3 it have autosave feature at the start it will tell you "corrupt save data"

Ive just done formatting my sd and have same results [​IMG]

10. moodswinger

Philippines
    I'm using the iEDGE too, I'll try The Sims later. Ease up, you can use the 2.1 firmware anyways.

11. Lemski07
    OP

Philippines
    well at least 2.1 runs almost all recently released game , its just my habit of updating console if there is an update [​IMG]

I hope this would be solved

(anyway where did you bought ur Iedge moodswinger I bought mine at rocksoftonline I pass by there store to pick it up)
    I got the white covered iedge and
    I dont think there are different version of the flashcart or is it an micro sd issue?

12. frederic

Newcomer frederic Member

United Kingdom
    Im getting problems too, so it might be an error in creating new save files, cos my old ones work.

13. Lemski07
    OP

Philippines
    I think I figure it out why it does not work

you should put the rom on the sd directly not inside a folder [​IMG]
    and your saves would now work on v2.2 [​IMG]

but the consequence is that your sd would be quite messi [​IMG]

14. frederic

Newcomer frederic Member

United Kingdom

You are right. Thankyou. Sims 3 works . [​IMG]

I have half my games in a folder because the games didnt show on the list when there was more than 4gb of data on the sd card. Maybe this problem has been solved...

15. A5J4DX

Newcomer A5J4DX Newbie

United Kingdom
    yep i too can confirm the .sav problem i knew it was the new firmware straight away because as soon as i switched to v2.2 it occured, hope edge team fixes it

16. anton123

Newcomer anton123 Advanced Member

United States
    I really do hope the firmware gets fixed because I prefer my games organized.

17. princerouge

Newcomer princerouge Member

Canada
    Tried 2.2i also and same problems. I tried to create a new save (thinking that maybe they change they way to save) and didn't even overwrite the old one so i think it is a read/write issue. Stick with the 2.1i for now.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23847

18. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    Maybe it's important to talk about the CRC code of this "iEDGE.DAT" or "EDGE.DAT"
    we need to avoid!

EDGE.DAT 2.2 = [7C4FA4F8]
    iEDGE.DAT 2.2 = [7D211178]

19. moodswinger

Philippines
    I have both iEDGE and EDGE, there's no problem with the latter. Stop posting if you haven't tested anything on it. iEDGE is the only one with the problem if you don't have your games at the root of your card. [​IMG]

20. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    ahh, man. too bad i read about this only now, seeing as we edge users usually don't have problems with updates, and nothing as save-breaking as this one.

i lost a couple of good hours on some saves, good thing i always keep backups, but too bad i didn't backup that often. :/

so i guess i'd have to take all my games out of its folders, eh? well, i prefer my cards organized, so i think i'll slip back to EDGE 2.1 (i can always switch firmwares on the fly, using DSorganize to overwrite the iEDGE.dat file from backups on my microsd). i don't care much for the updated cheats so...