Idea for first time CEMU users

Discussion in 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' started by EdwardElric, Oct 17, 2016.

1. EdwardElric
    OP

EdwardElric GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    Due to the fact that the game save the shadercache on first boot of games, it lags the game for first time users and sometimes even regular users. I was wondering if it would be possible to like upload ShaderCache folders for people to download and use in their cemu to play without too many spikes

2. IIYAMA

IIYAMA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2016
    Tokyo
    idk about Cemu since it's close-source . But it will not work on similar emulator like Dolphin

Edit : Now I remember I tried the same Cemu on 2 different computers , stuttering was still there (on the second computer)
    I store both Cemu and Game data on external HDD (USb 3.0)

Last edited by IIYAMA, Oct 18, 2016
  3. ned

ned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2014
    You want to be storing your shader cache and cemu idealy on a ssd over 200MBps
    same for your pagefile if you don't have much ram, game files don't really matter since the
    WiiU bluray drive doesn't even read anywhere near usb 2.0 let alone 3.0, most newer ssd read/write over 400MBps, if
    you can't do that at least store them on a sata 3.0 hdd they have far less bottlenecking than a usb 3.0 hdd which include a inbulit sata to usb adapter anyway some only including a sata 2.0 drive / interface at 5400rpm vs 7200rpm.

Last edited by ned, Oct 19, 2016