Homebrew RELEASE IconGrabber - Custom game icons & Theme Teaser

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably cut it, maybe add a message saying "N results matching your query have been omitted, try refining your keywords" or something. 40 is also arbitrary of course, you can tweak it

Note that if performance is what you're worried about, I think Yoga Borealis can render lists as you scroll them https://github.com/XITRIX/borealis/blob/main/demo/recycling_list_tab.cpp
Wouldn't searching by tid limit the amount of results?
I've always labeled with an included tid the only downside would be different regions with different tid.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd probably cut it, maybe add a message saying "N results matching your query have been omitted, try refining your keywords" or something. 40 is also arbitrary of course, you can tweak it

Note that if performance is what you're worried about, I think Yoga Borealis can render lists as you scroll them https://github.com/XITRIX/borealis/blob/main/demo/recycling_list_tab.cpp

Yeah i know but i am not able to become friends with the yoga branch. ive had endless problems with it and it just never worked how i wanted it to work.

ill probably do something like this and cut the rest off, like you said.

{ "A": { "animalcrossing": { "title": "Animal Crossing", "images": [ { "res": "600x900", "keyword": "", "title": "", "url": "" } ] } } }

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wouldn't searching by tid limit the amount of results?
I've always labeled with an included tid the only downside would be different regions with different tid.
Images dont have to be from a game though. you could set an image of yourself as game icon and you dont have a tid assigned to yourself

Cardellos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually like the idea and direction you went and made a few edits too I posted these elsewhere the other day:

View attachment 297428
View attachment 297429
View attachment 297430

Certainly a claw machine arm fits better into the name.

@Slluxx would it be possible to use githubs search functionality?

https://github.com/sodasoba1/icongrabber_soda_repo/find/main

Dammm those look nice
great work, i couldn't choose one i like most.

Images dont have to be from a game though. you could set an image of yourself as game icon and you dont have a tid assigned to yourself

Speak for yourself mister
Mine is C42D31105
hahahaah

Reactions: Slluxx

Brandon10075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there a way to go back to default icons? or i just can manually go back 1 by 1?
Thanks Slluxx for the effort u made

*1 more thing, i have an issue, when i press into the downloaded image, Atmosphere crashes, do u know why?

Attachments

• 2378E5EE-BD1A-4141-8B1C-82E695B2CC97.jpeg
    2378E5EE-BD1A-4141-8B1C-82E695B2CC97.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
Last edited by Brandon10075,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to go back to default icons? or i just can manually go back 1 by 1?
Thanks Slluxx for the effort u made

*1 more thing, i have an issue, when i press into the downloaded image, Atmosphere crashes, do u know why?

i am not sure if the tool has a delete icon function.
the next version will have one. in the meantime, you could browse your /atmosphere/contents/xxxxx/ folders and delete "icon.jpg" inside them.
You can use https://titledblookup.stackblitz.io/ to find the titleid of your game.

You probably crash because you are in applet mode. Start the homebrew by holding R on any installed game for full ram access

Reactions: binkinator

Brandon10075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i am not sure if the tool has a delete icon function.
the next version will have one. in the meantime, you could browse your /atmosphere/contents/xxxxx/ folders and delete "icon.jpg" inside them.
You can use https://titledblookup.stackblitz.io/ to find the titleid of your game.

You probably crash because you are in applet mode. Start the homebrew by holding R on any installed game for full ram access
With Applet Mode, when I press the “browse downloaded icons” this happens

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

Brandon10075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Holding R when opening a game will allow full memory access.
the only other thing that could be wrong is your config file. did you edit that manually?
Ok so i tried deleting the config file(never mod it before) and I'm able to access my downloaded icons and set it, but my API token goes missing. After setting up my API again, the downloaded icons are not accessible anymore :(

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the file needs to be valid json. i assume by editing it you are inseting a character (or maybe the homebrew does?) that makes it invalid.
After saving your api key in it, please open the config file and remove all standard characters and numbers (a to z, 0 to 9) from your api key, leave the rest as is and send the content in here for me to take a look at @Brandon10075

vos3464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you add support for steamgriddb Heroes and Logos? adding those two would make custom themes looking closer to those reddit concept designs.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you add support for steamgriddb Heroes and Logos? adding those two would make custom themes looking closer to those reddit concept designs.

Uh. I'm not sure how you thought that will work. The image does not set the size of your game icon. The theme does. Adding a wide-screen image (hero) or logos (which are often transparent) won't work. Also, there are restrictions in filesize, mimetype and resolution that have to be met.

Unless you have a direct plan how to successfully implement it, it probably won't happen. Sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr