I5-8600k (5th best single core) is worth buying to run citra better?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gu3DS, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Ah
    I always used snes9x that work very fine.

2. Gu3DS
    OP

Gu3DS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Brazil
    I finish Inazuma Eleven GO: Light, it runs perfect, only the fps fall in the cutscenes of story mode, now the only game that I am in the mood to play in a 3ds is the Pokemon Omega Ruby, it runs almost perfect, only when I'm in town ah a drop of fps to 15-25, and when I go in somewhere the game hangs for a few seconds and back, with an i3-8350K, or an i5-8600K would I be able to play Pokemon Omega Ruby with 30fps? :(

Last edited by Gu3DS, Nov 12, 2017
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Eh, it's not that bad. Snes9x is better, no doubt (or better yet Higan) but it runs almost all games near perfectly. Can't say I've had problems playing Super FX games on it, but I did notice a weird issue in one game in particular that made the game unplayable (and is why I switched) and it wasn't even a particularly obscure or hard to run game, just Bubsy (it wouldn't progress past the "level 1" screen, it just got stuck there, apparently it had something to do with a timing issue that was introduced in a specific version and never fixed)

4. NovaPhoenix

NovaPhoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Both of those CPUs you said will be able to run ORAS no problem. They're both great in general.

5. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    for awhile in it's version History ZSNES was notorious for triggering Earthbound's Copy Protection. (itoi developed one nasty copy protection if ya ask me, a real terror for a gamer. :D if ya get to the final battle w/ Giygas minding the increases spawns and elevated enemy levels, when ya hear that fat arse Pokey say "your lives are just another meal to him" one final check is performed on the save ram stype. if it fails or returns a bad checksum, the game would internally crash (seen as freezing) and erases your saves.

SpiffyJUNIOR likes this.
  6. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    It has a bug that with specifically created roms it can break out of the program and execute native code.

7. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Did you do what I suggested to find the bottleneck?
    When you are experiencing the framedrops, check the resource manager and if something it running at like 80-90%, then that's probably the problem. If from the resource manager you don't see a bottleneck, then it's just your graphics. There should be an option in the driver program for your GPU that has an option that goes performance-balanced-quality, try moving that to performance and see what happens.

8. Gu3DS
    OP

Gu3DS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Brazil
    The processor usually gets 35% in battles, sometimes it goes to 65%, the use of memory did not exceed 4gb, the use of HD I did not quite understand, but it seemed that I was using a lot of it

9. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    For the HDD, just look at where it reads "% highest active time" if you don't get what the values mean. I doubt it's the HDD, but it could be it. If that % is above 80 or so, then it's probably the HDD. Otherwise, it really is your GPU that's the issue, so forget about updating CPU or anything, invest in GPU.

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Why wouldn't you just buy a $40 old 2DS and play 3DS games perfectly, instead of stuffing around with a computer? Surely would be more enjoyable to have them available on the go anyway?

plug313 and ThoD like this.
  11. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Let's also not forget easier and simpler to play online!:P

Quantumcat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice