Gaming I wish the DS had achievments

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would love the concept of achievements for the NDS but there really is no point for it since all the wifi game isn't going through some kind of server like Microsoft Live...where you can view them etc etc...Best bet is just to get a couple of people and make a forum / website and host some kind of achievements that been made by other people through something like pixel art and give them out to people who reach a certain achievements aka people who never die once in megaman zx advent...

But I do love the NDS to have some kind of achievements system

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This'd be a good idea... But almost impossible now, as it'd have to be built into the firmware somewhere, and a firmware update is like impossible with this many units out there.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make your own achievements!
tongue.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone could make some homebrew that detected save files (maybe integrating the save converter) and recognised certain 'achievements'... and it could even register them on a server via WiFi...

However it would be rather small scale, possibly difficult? and easy to cheat (just download a save)

Otherwise... make 'em up yourself
wink.gif

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
awdofgum said:
achievements have got to be the biggest waste of time, if you are only playing to unlock achievements

i'm going to have to agree with this. all achievements are just to exercise your e-penis 'score'

i have a 360. never thought twice about achievements. i play for fun
grog.gif

can you exchange achievements or gamescore for xbox points?

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
I'm most cheesed off at the fact that PC ports of 360 games don't keep achievements, and Half-Life 2 and Ep 1 never got updates to get the achievements the 360 got. Grrrr...

Obviously ported games don't have achievements. You don't log into anything to play games on a PC, thus making it impossible to have achievements on ported games. However, with the new Windows Live initiative, Achievements are possible now... You need to get Vista though. And Vista is fail.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who thinks achievments are just a way to inflate my e-peen is way off.

I love achievments because they stretch out a game's replayability. I often go through a game 4-5 times because of achievments, where as non achievment games get a single play through.

They also give you new objectives and challenges that can add a new twist to gameplay. Example, you need x amount of kills with a certain gun in one match, or you ned to get a 5 kill streak using just a knife. You need to beat a level/boss in a certain amount of time.

If it was all about e-peen then we would have been bragging about our scores. I don't think I have even mentioned mine.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Usually people that claim achievements to be a big "my penis is bigger than yours" contest miss the point. While it is fun to compete with friends, it is by no means an "e-penis score". Achievements let you explore parts of games that you normally wouldn't. Some achievements aren't designed well, but if they are... it enhances your game ten fold. Take Dead Rising for example. These are some of the best achievements the 360 has to offer, and I had so much fun getting them that it remains one of my favorite 360 games to date. Dead Rising Achievements (scroll down).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I initially thought achievements are retarded, but then after finally getting really into Steam and trying to figure out how I can get 1000 kills in Team Fortress without being glued to my PC for the next few weeks is an interesting realization.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Achievements only work when they are well thought out ... some 360 games have insane achievements, and some have achievements that are pointless in their simplicity ... a balance is required.

But, when they work, they are nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1