Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Imagine: The Turok Trilogy for 3ds, consisting of ports of Turok 1, 2 and 3 with Rage Wars as the Multiplayer Portion of the game for 3DS with updated visuals.

If you havent Cerebral Bored, you have yet to play a real game mothafoqua...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice (I also really liked the GBA version and the N64 stuff was a reason to get an expansion pack and also a staple of our multiplayer sessions). The trouble is after the last attempt at it and given the first ones were at best marginally successful cult classics looking back on things (for the time 1 was amazingly successful I know but still).

My guess is the best we can really hope for is a sidescroller for the likes of XBLA, PSN and Wiiware or if the comics suddenly decide to get a film.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Imagine: The Turok Trilogy for 3ds, consisting of ports of Turok 1, 2 and 3 with Rage Wars as the Multiplayer Portion of the game for 3DS with updated visuals.

If you havent Cerebral Bored, you have yet to play a real game mothafoqua...

I would love to see Turok remade or return. There were countless hours that my cousin and I played Rage Wars but never could beat the "chicken killing" game because I have the N64 cart that is black and you can't beat those games on co op. Turok was amazing and I had forgotten about it until this thread, now I gotta hook up the old N64 and play some Turok.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that keeps me from going back to Turok is how much I despise the N64 controller for shooters.

I don't really know if I want another Turok game, either. 2, 3, and Rage Wars were great, but Evolution was pretty mediocre (although one of the better FPS games early in the Gamecube's lifespan), and whatever the current-gen game was, it was Turok in name only. I have no idea what happened to anyone at Acclaim, and even if they were still around somewhere I don't know if I'd really trust them to do another game.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
AFAIK Disney owns Turok now (as they own everything else - i wait for the day when tehy buy square-enix) and the guys that made the N64 turok games are Retro Studios now (Alongside a few former RARE members) so the GameCube game and the new game were not even developed by the same people.

I say 3DS version simply to keep the budget down. I expect A LOT of potential new franchises or revivals to come to 3DS first in the enxt few years tot est the waters since 3DS development is obviously much cheaper than next gen development. I reckon if studios would want to bring something new, a test on 3DS could establish a base much cheaper than PS4/XBone - and the installbase is already very large :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello