Hacking I want to install Starfall but I have a few questions first.

Awesome turtwig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have 3.2U and I believe you can install starfall with that firmware. But what if I need to upgrade my firmware and change it to 3.3U. Will having the wrong firmware for starfall brick my wii? and If I have starfall and I do somehow get a brick, I can un-brick it with the y button on the gamecube controller thing on the warning screen if I have twilight princess. So with that I can install new ios and fix my wii. right?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfall is just a package of patches. Upgrading won't hurt anything but starfall will be gone.

Awesome turtwig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
Starfall is just a package of patches. Upgrading won't hurt anything but starfall will be gone.
Ahh so no threat unless I install on the wrong firmware, but still can I save me Wii from a brick with this?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No if you install starfall and then you upgrade to 3.3 starfall will no longer work and the patches will be deleted.

skunk123punk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome turtwig said:
So I have 3.2U and I believe you can install starfall with that firmware. But what if I need to upgrade my firmware and change it to 3.3U. Will having the wrong firmware for starfall brick my wii? and If I have starfall and I do somehow get a brick, I can un-brick it with the y button on the gamecube controller thing on the warning screen if I have twilight princess. So with that I can install new ios and fix my wii. right?

Hi,

If you upgrade the firmware beyond 3.2 then you will reset all hooks set by Starfall. You will not brick your Wii but you will loose all the benefits that Starfall has to offer. At the moment (20/11/08) there is no reason to update your wii to any firmware higher than 3.2U/3.2E there are individual updates for the shopping channel, Mii Channel and IOS's that give you the benifits of recent updates without having to install the official Nintendo updates. So search for and use these is my advice.

Regards

SkUnK

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome turtwig said:
zerof said:
Ahh so no threat unless I install on the wrong firmware, but still can I save me Wii from a brick with this?

It can fix a banner brick.

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
I wonder if they'll ever update starfall with more features.

Taken from: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Starfall

Feature req

Can you make it work on 3.3E? Since I don't have 3.2 anymore and I don't want to downgrade. Sanderevers 00:21, 10 August 2008 (CEST)

3.3x support isn't planned Crediar 03:01, 10 August 2008 (CEST)

Why? --SwooshyCueb 02:47, 12 August 2008 (CEST)

Yes..why? --otto888 22:27, 12 August 2008 (CEST)

too much effort to maintain patches for 4 versions Crediar 01:12, 13 August 2008 (UTC)

Is there a reason you have decided to stay with 3.2x rather than 3.3x? From what I can tell all other applications still function properly under 3.3x Ciper 22:14, 24 September 2008 (UTC)

Don't have 3.3x currently installed but there might come a 3.3x version sometime in the future. Crediar 13:32, 11 October 2008 (UTC)

END QUOTE

I guess that doesn't answer the more features question.... However, the "prelude to cSM" should have more features. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115813&st=300

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It would be nice if 3.2J was supported
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat