I want to buy a cheap game console.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of good games arnt included, its pretty much all shovelware, thats why you should buy your own cart and set it up you're self

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, i sold my micro 120$ but 50$ i need for my hobby, so i've got 70$ now, i've seen the PSP is the most recommended, maybe someone at my town sell's one... (my friend already sold it...)

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i had a DS lite from my brother but was broken. also i never said the DS itself is a bad console, just the design isn't my favorite and why would i get something i don't like?
What do you guys think about the PSP GO?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had a DS lite from my brother but was broken. also i never said the DS itself is a bad console, just the design isn't my favorite and why would i get something i don't like?
What do you guys think about the PSP GO?

NEVER GET THE PSP GO, you have download evrything from the psn store and miss out on great deals

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have to option to buy a used Japanese DS for 40$ or a new GBA SP clone for 40$ also. Which one do you think ill be able to enjoy more? I'm think i'm gonna get the GBA SP since by my brother's DS the graphics of the games are completely rip offs of Nintendo to do nice 3D graphics but which was a horrible mistake.
About the PSP, My sister is getting one so i could just download some games off the internet (she's going to hack it or w/e it's called)

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I do have a flashcart (R4), i know you can play GBA games on a DS but the DS it's self is such a disliked console for me, i don't know why, it's not the design or w/e just i don't like playing on it, but maybe ill get the DS.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The thing is i don't have a DS, i had one but my brother broke it, i was thinking to sell it as for replacement parts. I'm getting the GBA SP clone, most of you will say it's pointless or stupid but the one that is gonna use it is me and not you. Thanks for the help anyways.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is i don't have a DS, i had one but my brother broke it, i was thinking to sell it as for replacement parts. I'm getting the GBA SP clone, most of you will say it's pointless or stupid but the one that is gonna use it is me and not you. Thanks for the help anyways.

But why get a sp clone when you can get a ds lite with a great screen and it can also play gba games????

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best option if you don't care about ds is to get a psp, you can get CFW in about 5 minutes on that now as it is extremely easy, and once you are done that, you can get free psp, gba, and n64 games. And much much more!

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
How old are you Twilight_Warrior? i said my sister is getting a PSP so there's no point in getting another one.
Also there's a button called Edit, maybe you should try it...
Triple post? really?

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
How old are you Twilight_Warrior? i said my sister is getting a PSP so there's no point in getting another one.
Triple post? really?

My opinion on the situation:
If you get a GBA SP, you'll be able to play only GBA games.
If you get a PSP, you'll be able to play PSP and everything 32-bit games. Not to mention Skype, Internet Browser, an OS, etc.

Both are at the same price. Doesn't matter if your sister gets a PSP, the PSP is the far better option here.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, get a portable Playstation. You can't go wrong with it. If your pockets aren't that big, then you could look into getting a Slim model.

I do have a flashcart (R4), i know you can play GBA games on a DS but the DS it's self is such a disliked console for me, i don't know why, it's not the design or w/e just i don't like playing on it, but maybe ill get the DS.
Do you not like it because it's available in pink/white? PSP's are blue (which is not why I want one, though...) The PSP has a bigger screen, but the controls are at opposite ends of the device. The DS has a flip screen like the GBA SP, but because of the screen in the lower half of it, the buttons are a bit farther from each other.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSP has fantastic controls and great specs for emulation purposes considering the price. As for PSP games, they're high quality and not at all boring - I suggest checking out GBATemp's must-have PSP games list if you're looking for the best of the best.
I beg you don't cry.

Seriously though, I guess it's just a preference thing. I own a PSP, and I've yet to find more than one game that I seriously like enough to play more than 30 minutes of. Not to mention like half the library is off limits to me, since I'm so picky with RPGs.
Why don't you want to get an actual SP? You can find a good AGS-101 (backlit model) SP on Amazon for $50 easily, and you won't have to worry about the hiccups of clone hardware, etc. Plus the real SP has GB/C compatibility, whereas clones generally don't, to my knowledge.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Triple post? really?

Chill dawg, you could still get a psp, AND I DIDN'T TRIPLE POST

Btw, there a reply button you should try it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I beg you don't cry.

Seriously though, I guess it's just a preference thing. I own a PSP, and I've yet to find more than one game that I seriously like enough to play more than 30 minutes of. Not to mention like half the library is off limits to me, since I'm so picky with RPGs.

I'm not going to start a List War here but I have a weird feeling that you're just... not familiar with its library then. I beg you don't cry. ;O;

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F