I want to buy a cheap game console.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Dudex199999, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    Hey, well i decided getting a new game console since i hate my DS and ill be selling it for 50$, anyone got any suggestion for a nice little game console for that price? i was thinking of getting a GBA SP clone from R4I 3DS for 40$, looks very nice but i also saw there is a GBA clone from DX but they were banned? since i saw the GBA clone i don't wanna buy the GBA SP, the main reason i wanted a GBA SP is because i always wanted one as a kid and still want one but when i see a GBA with a modded back light and etc...
    But unfortunately they were banned... and had no multiplayer connection... (a friend of mine has a GBA SP) i was also thinking of getting a used PSP but for 50$ there's no way, also i don't like that much the design of the PSP, a large chocolate bar, the main thing i like in the PSP is that they have an actual operative system even though it's not that serious. At the end, can someone recommend me a game console that has the design of a real game console, from 45$ down, (5$ Pizza!) with free shipping worldwide and that has positive comments and isn't complete fresh bull****. Thanks!

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    YOU CAN THANK MY LATER!!!

[​IMG]

3. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    sorry forgot to say, handheld game console.
    Hehe.

EZ-Megaman and ComeTurismO like this.
  4. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    A used Dingoo maybe?

5. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    Seems nice, looks like a micro though i have one and i hate it...

Hmm... should i maybe get a used PSP somehow add some more money or get a GBA SP clone? i already had a micro and im not a fan of 2D games much...
    I think ill get bored of it after a while.

6. KDH

KDH GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Kansas
    Portable, $50, and has 3D games narrows your choice down to the used PSP. Sure people might say there are other options like the dingoo, but things like that have maybe five games designed specifically for them and those are usually pretty crappy. A used and hacked PSP gets you every PSP game, most PSX games, and (some/most)-if-not-all games from every 8-, 16-, and 32-bit console and handheld. Sure you'll probably also have to buy a memory stick, but it's pretty much the only thing near your price range that meets all of your other criteria.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    If you want an affordable handheld console that's not a DS, I'd suggest the PSP since it has loads of games and even more emulators, but seeing that you're not interested in that either, I suppose a Dingoo or any Android-based handheld console would suit your needs well.

8. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    i never said i didn't like the PSP, i only said i didn't like the DS and the Micro, i've been reading also that PSP games are known as boring, still i don't think im gonna find a used PSP for 50$, i think im just gonna get the GBA SP afterall...

9. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Handheld - Used PSP-2000 (great for emulation)
    Console - Used Nintendo Wii (Can go over 80$, bought mine for 45$)

10. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    Well, i think that im either getting the GBA SP clone or a original DS, since from lite and beyond i hate.

11. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Wait you can spend 40 but not 50?

12. TwilightWarrior

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

lol, does the design really bother you that much

13. TwilightWarrior

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
  14. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    Yep, i just hate the idea of the new design, but what i most hate is that afterwards they adopted that design for almost every new handheld game console Nintendo produced!
    About the PSP i lost interest because a friend of mine has one and he was willing to sell me it for 30$ but after playing 20 different games from all type of games, i found it extremly boring. (Personal idea only)

15. TwilightWarrior

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

isn't there anyway you can jsut get a 3ds, you can find one for 100

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The PSP has fantastic controls and great specs for emulation purposes considering the price. As for PSP games, they're high quality and not at all boring - I suggest checking out GBATemp's must-have PSP games list if you're looking for the best of the best.

17. Dudex199999
    OP

Dudex199999 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Iceland
    but i don't think im gonna be able to get a PSP for under 50$ with shipping to my country lower than 10$, i gave a bid to a original DS but im 100% sure someone is gonna put more. I'm buying the GBA SP if none of these work.

18. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    ...yeaaah, I dunno who told you PSP games are "boring", but whomever it was has no idea what they're talking about...lol.

Definitely go for a PSP. Not only do you have the entire PSP library to play as well as PS1, but you can also emulate SNES/NES/GB/GBC/GBA/N64 games (to a point) as well. The PSP is like...the perfect handheld.

19. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    a GBA SP clone is entirely pointless...why sell a DS which capable (under the right conditions) of playing GBA games for an inferior handheld that will play ONLY GBA games. That makes no sense.

I agree with finding a PSP.
    Save up for it if you have to. No point going backwards.

Satangel, Twilight_Warrior and Hikaru like this.
  20. Rollen
    This message by Rollen has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 22, 2013.
    Sep 21, 2013
  21. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States

Why not just buy a flashcart and download games that you'll actually play? :wtf:

22. Rollen
    This message by Rollen has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 22, 2013.
    Sep 21, 2013