ewr43434343

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for reading this

I would like to know if it is possible to load directly into homebrew without using the "usb into charger " stick every time.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I would like to know if it is possible to load directly into homebrew without using the "usb into charger " stick every time.
yes, of course it is. We only use USB dongles for fun and because it looks cool.
/s

No, there isn't. There's DejaVu for 4.1 switches, but that isn't released atm. Once that is released, people on 4.1 can reboot into CFW. For everyone elese there is no other coldboot exploit available. The next best option is using a modchip that essentially does the same as the dongle.

ewr43434343

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you even booting instead of playing pirated games?

I thought to use CFW you have to put the usb into the charger every single time you turn it on.

This seems too bothersome.

So that you just turn it on and go straight into your backed up games

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what i know SXOS is only when you turn it back on after a full shutdown but if you leave it on sleep mode you dont have to plug it back in. ive gone weeks on a single dongle use since i usually keep my switch charged and in sleep mode.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong, AutoRCM will get you directly into RCM upon boot. Thus the name AutoRCM. What are you talking about?

He is asking to boot into a cfw, to do that requires a dongle or modchip even with autorcm. so you are wrong. read the OP for his actual request. unless something changed super recently.

Last edited by enigma85,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me for assuming they can just hit the power button twice on rcm once to choose launch and then volume buttons a few times to choose cfw without it killing him/her. He (or she) said he didn't want to use the usb charger I told him/her how.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're welcome.

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It requires a payload on any cold boot, try again.

You don't know what you're talking about. AutoRCM is a sort of a semibrick on your Switch to force it to think it has to go into recovery mode every time it boots. You do not have to do a payload after the first time you do it. Next time have a clue what you're saying before you try to correct somebody.

It goes like this: Normally the Switch starts up, checks the integrity of various of its software contents, then boots into Horizon (the OS of the Switch, the part that actually runs games). BUT: If the check of boot0 fails, the Switch thinks something is wrong and panics. Instead of booting Horizon it switches into RCM, probably because Nintendo were expecting you to send it in and have some technician repair it by flashing a fresh image onto the NAND.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/bricking-your-switch-on-purpose-or-how-autorcm-works.504658/

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a time when a couple big name "hackers" supposedly had cold boot working. I bought a 2nd switch so I could stay on 3.0.0 because some dude said to stay there so we all did, but nothing happened. They never released their cold boot options.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know what you're talking about. AutoRCM is a sort of a semibrick on your Switch to force it to think it has to go into recovery mode every time it boots. You do not have to do a payload after the first time you do it. Next time have a clue what you're saying before you try to correct somebody.

It goes like this: Normally the Switch starts up, checks the integrity of various of its software contents, then boots into Horizon (the OS of the Switch, the part that actually runs games). BUT: If the check of boot0 fails, the Switch thinks something is wrong and panics. Instead of booting Horizon it switches into RCM, probably because Nintendo were expecting you to send it in and have some technician repair it by flashing a fresh image onto the NAND.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/bricking-your-switch-on-purpose-or-how-autorcm-works.504658/
RCM is the switch being receptive to accept a payload, honey. AutoRCM, therefore, makes the system able to receive a payload. You still have to provide it. What are you, 12?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM is the switch being receptive to accept a payload, honey. AutoRCM, therefore, makes the system able to receive a payload. You still have to provide it. What are you, 12?

Stop calling me honey I'm not your honey first of all. Second why would anyone do AutoRCM if it was the same as using regular RCM? There's a reason why it's called AUTO RCM, it automatically goes into RCM upon boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over