I want my Old saves on USB Loader GX

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have german saves on my wii from a few years ago. Im trying to use those on my USBLGX games, but im not sure how. So basically i lose all of my progress on those games. I play the english versions of the game btw, if thats impotant.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have german saves on my wii from a few years ago. Im trying to use those on my USBLGX games, but im not sure how. So basically i lose all of my progress on those games. I play the english versions of the game btw, if thats impotant.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Just go to the data management in the system settings and search through your saves until you find them, if they're not there then you probably have deleted them by accident or did a system format. Your saves should work if you are about to play games that're from the same region as those saves, otherwise they won't work iirc. Like a PAL save with a NTSC game and vice versa..
Or if you were using an usbloadergx it has the option to put saves on usb drive or an hdd, and they should be saved there if that's what you did.

Reactions: AncientBoi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can change regions with saves, but it requires a little work. you must have both saves decrypted, then swap the data files minus the banner. I've done this with US and EU as well as US and JP saves. use save manager gx to decrypt the saves.

Reactions: Northrup

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just go to the data management in the system settings and search through your saves until you find them, if they're not there then you probably have deleted them by accident or did a system format. Your saves should work if you are about to play games that're from the same region as those saves, otherwise they won't work iirc. Like a PAL save with a NTSC game and vice versa..
Or if you were using an usbloadergx it has the option to put saves on usb drive or an hdd, and they should be saved there if that's what you did.
Everytime I start a game through USBLGX it just creates a new english game file. Its wierd. My WIiu is german. USBLGX is ENglish, and some games are german.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I start a game through USBLGX it just creates a new english game file. Its wierd. My WIiu is german. USBLGX is ENglish, and some games are german.
if you could send over the title id/data.bin files of both german and english, I could see if I can convert them. that's the official means to backup the save to an sd card. also, what game is it? it's US or EU? title id of the game you want the save for.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I start a game through USBLGX it just creates a new english game file.
Where? In the Wii's nand? Do you see multiple save files of the same game? Doesn't make sense as it should only create a new one if there isn't one there already. Or if the game is from a different region..
Its wierd. My WIiu is german. USBLGX is ENglish, and some games are german.
It should be ok as long as if your save and game are both PAL (i assume), languagein usbloadergx and the console region shouldn't matter here.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll be a teach a man how to fish sort of person for this. I can't convert all your games, it would take too long to do that, then test. I can walk you through it. it's not really that hard, just time-consuming.

Reactions: CoolMe

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok so. I had this Wiiu in germany, and played my german games on cd with it. It created german save data. When i got Roms of some Wii games, i just saw that they are all the USA version. I couldnt find the EU version. Now when I open games, that are english ofc, it creates a new save file on my NAND. Now I have multiple save files of games like NSMBWII or Wii Party. Isnt there a way for me to convert these Files to the USA version so that the games can recognize them?
I downloaded the Roms from V/M5 L41r.
thanks for the help until now btw

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so. I had this Wiiu in germany, and played my german games on cd with it. It created german save data. When i got Roms of some Wii games, i just saw that they are all the USA version. I couldnt find the EU version. Now when I open games, that are english ofc, it creates a new save file on my NAND. Now I have multiple save files of games like NSMBWII or Wii Party. Isnt there a way for me to convert these Files to the USA version so that the games can recognize them?
yes, if you do what I instructed. there's no easier way.

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do you have both saves on your system, and do you have save manager gx? I don't know if this works for every game, but it has for all the games I've tried.
i tried out savemanager gx. I could create a new save file for smg2 and send them to you. Where should i send them? I know how to get them from Save manager gx.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on second thought, I have my save backed up to the pc, so I could try to do it myself. I'll send you a data.bin if it works. just tell me which one is German; which is English or US.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, why don't you just use the PAL versions of games? No save file conversions needed..

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you need them like this? In SGMGX i pressed extract and these are the files i got

Attachments

• Smg2.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 40
  • smg2DE.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 40

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system