I want my, I want my, I want my MTV.

Deleted member 506316

100% Shit, 0% Post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, pink floyd sued roger waters for some reason several decades ago. I think it was for ownership of the catalogue, but I don't remember what he did to piss the rest of the band off. when all was said and done, he was only allowed to play songs from the wall. when I saw him a few years ago, he was not under that same restriction, so I don't know what's changed.

interesting fact, in the paper that talked about the concert, it said that he makes more with his tours than any other solo artist, and that includes paul mccartney, whom I've seen twice. here's an image of that concert:

View attachment 227213
speaking of which, that appears to be time from dark side of the moon. another interesting fact, dark side of the moon is the album that's been on the billboard top 100 for longer than any other album in history. iirc, dark side of the moon came out in '73, and it was on there 'til '88 I think.
Damn, 15 years.

Reactions: rvtr

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like it was actually waters who sued floyd. I just remember that from a documentary. I think the same thing happened with mccartney and the beatles, which I believe was the true reason for the beatles breakup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you should listen to the endless river. it's a fairly new floyd album with finished songs that were unfinished way back when. iirc, it has the most sales on the first day than any other album in amazon's history. take that justin bieber among other shit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I saw the monkees before tork died, but after davy jones did:

here's nesmith:

DSC05914.JPG
DSC05954.JPG

Reactions: slaphappygamer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's tork:

and donlenz

DSC05935.JPG
DSC05934.JPG

dolenz recounting of smoking pot with john lennon is awesome. I'd kill for that experience. I've got some pretty strong stuff, but I only smoke alone and I rarely smoke to begin with.

Attachments

• DSC05935.JPG
    DSC05935.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-