I want my, I want my, I want my MTV.

D

Deleted User

Roger Waters solo stuff doesn't usually have as much of a hard rock edge or psychedelic like a lot of Pink Floyd has, but I still really like it. Still a hell of a lot better than most of today's music.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
floyd is known for having a pig inflatable passing over during their concerts. waters hates trump, so he had one in the shape of donald trump and money had a lot of images of trump and putin. some people walked out after he started attacking trump with imagery.

D

Deleted User

floyd is known for having a pig inflatable passing over during their concerts. waters hates trump, so he had one in the shape of donald trump and money had a lot of images of trump and putin. some people walked out after he started attacking trump with imagery.

I try to keep politics separate from music. If I didn't I wouldn't listen to anything.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw part of a classic rock documentary with a lot of famous musicians. my dad was actually watching it. they went through a timeline up 'till now. they mentioned that it's no longer how you sound but how you look. the last great bands they mentioned were guns 'n' roses and nirvana. I know cobain of nirvana is in that 27 club, the age where the person dies for which jimi hendrix is a part of. speaking of which, my dad and hendrix share the same birthday, not date. anyway, guns 'n' roses was supposed to be the next rolling stones, but the band mates hate each other. something like that sorta happened with floyd and with the beatles earlier. I remember Paul McCartney suing the beatles. that's technically what broke them up rather than Yoko Ono.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iirc, ono did convince Lennon not to collaborate with McCartney again. something not well known is that Lennon had an affair with another asian woman who tried to talk him in to writing songs with McCartney again. he eventually went back to Ono. I can't recall the reason.

this is a song that most have probably heard by McCartney and Wings (his band after the beatles).

here's another most have heard from Lennon's solo career:

this is world changing stuff here unlike the garbage of today's music industry.

speaking of which, Lennon was so worshiped that there was a guy living in their garden. Lennon invited him into his house.

trumps any of the garbage put out by Bieber:

check this out:

from the same album as welcome to the machine. the album has five or six if you count shine on you crazy diamond outro, and it's miles above today's music.

little known fact. have a cigar is the only floyd song not sung by a member of floyd.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have me if you'd take me to a Floyd concert : D

if possible, I'd like to see David Gilmour. a pure floyd concert may not be possible since the bandmates don't get along. I remember they were thinking of kicking Nick Mason (the drummer) out at one point, because he didn't contribute to the songs.

...but Brit Floyd sounds just like them. I kinda want to see the Australian Pink Floyd to compare both tribute bands.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if possible, I'd like to see David Gilmour. a pure floyd concert may not be possible since the bandmates don't get along. I remember they were thinking of kicking Nick Mason (the drummer) out at one point, because he didn't contribute to the songs.

I feel like it's a thing amongst good bands in all honesty.

None the less, If it would ever happen, I'd put it above the HORSE the Band one that I attended!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you never know. what's amazing is the stones still tour and most of them are alive. one of their bandmates drowned back in the 60s iirc. other than that, they're good. I know jagger doesn't smoke or drink, which could contribute to some disagreements for the "out of control band trashing hotels or whatever." the last two great bands imo are nirvana and guns 'n' roses. I"m not sure about nirvana beyond cobain's suicide, but I know the band disbanded sometime after that. guns 'n' roses is supposed to be another band that couldn't get along. my sister saw them live, and she told me slash was awesome, axl rose not so much. I think rose was getting winded or something. though, the bands that I like are mostly from the 60s/70s. I'm grateful I could see some of them. these musicians are getting up there in years though, with the average being in their mid 70s, so it's unlikely we'll have that many chances to see them. ringo starr turned 80 in July I believe. interesting fact, ringo is the Japanese word for apple. apple is the name of the recording studio founded by the beatles. I had heard, though I don't know if it's true, that Steve Jobs was fan of the beatles and named apple computers after their the beatles recording studio. there was some overlap between the beatles and floyd. they would listen to each other's stuff at abbey road. however, the most famous album ever, dark side of the moon, was made in 73, a few years after the beatles broke up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I didn't even know that!

yeah, pink floyd sued roger waters for some reason several decades ago. I think it was for ownership of the catalogue, but I don't remember what he did to piss the rest of the band off. when all was said and done, he was only allowed to play songs from the wall. when I saw him a few years ago, he was not under that same restriction, so I don't know what's changed.

interesting fact, in the paper that talked about the concert, it said that he makes more with his tours than any other solo artist, and that includes paul mccartney, whom I've seen twice. here's an image of that concert:

20170601_203426_HDR.jpg

speaking of which, that appears to be time from dark side of the moon. another interesting fact, dark side of the moon is the album that's been on the billboard top 100 for longer than any other album in history. iirc, dark side of the moon came out in '73, and it was on there 'til '88 I think.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it