Hacking I think I broke my card. :c

aikokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this R4i Platinum card from http://r4iplat.com/. I was updating the card's firmware with the 1.43 update on their site ("fwupdate_for_143_drive.rar") and my DS froze right in the middle of it. Now when I turn on my DS it's not recognizing that my flash card is inserted at all (was working perfectly just before this). It just brings me to the DS menu as if there's no cart inserted at all.

The sd card seems fine as I can still access the things on it from my computer. I've tried deleting everything on the card and reinstalling the previous firmware, but it's still not recognized. Is there anything I can do or is it gone forever?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The normal procedure in these cases is executing the update using another working R4. It works like this.

- Use another working R4
- Put the firmware for your card on the SD card for the working R4
- Start the update using the working R4
- Just before the real update starts take out the working R4 and insert your non-working R4
- Proceed with the update

So basically up to the point where the update is actually performed you use a different R4, just before starting the update the R4 which needs the update is inserted so the update is written to that R4.

When the update is completed your R4 should be working again. The only problem with this procedure is the need for another working R4. It doesn need to be the same type R4, you can even use an original R4 and a DS lite ot phat for this procedure.

Good luck.

aikokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I just ordered another card so hopefully I can get this all straightened out.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro have you seen the gfuel instagram