Hacking I think I broke Gamecube Mode

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after my copy of Super Smash Bros Melee stopped working (stupid Gamestop selling me scratched games) I burned a backup so I could play it through the GCN Backup Launcher. However, it wouldn't read my save. I used a bunch of different homebrew apps to copy saves I downloaded from my SD card to my GCN memory card. I got one to work, but the launcher still wouldn't read my saves. I wanted to test if it was just that the Gamecube Backup Launcher that couldn't read saves off of a memory card. So I put in my scratched copy of Melee, figuring it would work long enough to see if it would read the saves. I booted it from the disc channel, which then went straight to the GCN Backup Launcher, then the Wii just stopped working. It was still on (Green light), but my TV said no input signal. I uninstalled the MIOS Patch, but the problem still remains.

Help?
frown.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotchaff said:
...I used a bunch of different homebrew apps....

bunch
is the watchword.

did you happen to install starfall or preloader during/before any of this?

if so, it is likely the patch that says "GC Region Free" (in preloader it may or may not say "w video fix (vidfix, etc.)" but with starfall it does)
is messing up your video mode for GC games....I was the first one around here to complain about this before I figured it out, so I know all to well what its like to think of every other thing first....facepalm.

if you never ran starfall or preloader, than the MIOS and the severity of the scratches is your issue.

and just because it may be coming:
IF you happened to run starfall and install the patch, AND THEN ran preloader, you cannot just uninstall the patch...you will have to get a new system menu either by using AnyRegionChanger 1.1b or by installing via wad manager (definitely NOT UNinstalling anything, just overwriting).

gotchaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
gotchaff said:
...I used a bunch of different homebrew apps....

bunch
is the watchword.

did you happen to install starfall or preloader during/before any of this?

if so, it is likely the patch that says "GC Region Free" (in preloader it may or may not say "w video fix (vidfix, etc.)" but with starfall it does)
is messing up your video mode for GC games....I was the first one around here to complain about this before I figured it out, so I know all to well what its like to think of every other thing first....facepalm.

if you never ran starfall or preloader, than the MIOS and the severity of the scratches is your issue.

and just because it may be coming:
IF you happened to run starfall and install the patch, AND THEN ran preloader, you cannot just uninstall the patch...you will have to get a new system menu either by using AnyRegionChanger 1.1b or by installing via wad manager (definitely NOT UNinstalling anything, just overwriting).

Installing the new MIOS did nothing so I'm guessing this is the issue.

I did install Starfall and I did use that patch, so I'll turn that off and see what happens. I never used preloader. So if this doesn't work I just need to get a new system menu by using AnyRegionChanger?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotchaff said:
So after my copy of Super Smash Bros Melee stopped working (stupid Gamestop selling me scratched games)

Jeez... I always check the games before I buy it from Gamestop... I told them I dont like this one because of scratched so they replace it before I buy it. I wont buy it and have a scratched games. Its your responsibility to check the scratched games before you buy it.. That s for your own protection.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo