Gaming I suck@iTunes D:

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get my entire iTunes library, into normal folders in Windows, does anybody know how to go about doing this?

Like:

Music Folder > Artist > Albums > Songs

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Edited- This post had terrible advice.
nyanya.gif

See post #6.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
It's already in a folder somewhere.

Pick any song's filename and use the Start button's search field to find out where it is on the hard drive.

Maybe I misunderstood you, type the song's extension (ex .mp3) into the search field then copy/paste everything into a new folder of your choice.

If your trying to separate songs by artist, just click on the "artist" category at the top of the folder and windows will separate by artist for you. Then you can highlight/copy/paste the songs into separate artist folders.

I did that, but they're all like this:

RaNcW.png

And the song titles are combinations of 4 letters/numbers. They retained their tag info, though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Actually, forget what I said before, it's easier than that. Just highlight groups of songs on itunes and drag them directly to the folder of your choice. That copies them over.

Highlighting groups in itunes is accomplished by highlighting one song then moving your mouse arrow to the end of the list and pressing Shift+right click to highlight the group.

Oh yeah, to group by artist, just click on "artist" at the top of itunes. Remember to use list form so the highlighting will be easier.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit -- preferences -- advanced -- keep itunes library organized
-- this will make it so itunes keeps your library organized from this point out. any changes you make to your tags, itunes will then make in your folder structure

file -- library -- organize library -- consolidate files
-- this will take all files that aren't in the itunes media folder and copies them there. and since you did the first step, they will be organized the way you want them to be

after this is done, delete the files from the source folder
-- you don't need them anymore, itunes is now using files in your itunes media folder

from this point on, add any itunes media into the "automatically add to itunes" folder.
-- this folder is inside your itunes media folder

being an apple product, this isn't supposed to be hard.

you may need to also run file -- library -- organize library -- reorganize files in ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-