Hacking I reccomended the EZFlashV Plus to a friend...

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 DS Real : 12$ more expensive, at that price, I wouldve said SuperCard One, but he wanted a cheap one.

Acekard 2 : it is cheaper but less sturdy, whichi is not a good thing. Did you even read my post? That wouldve answered your question.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2, Edge, or SCDS1 would probably be a better choice for most users. If you really want a cheap and sturdy cart and have no other criteria, the DSTT might be a consideration.

-Bri

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't see the EZV as a great cart to get right now, more along the lines of if you want a cart that will last until the very end of time, I'd say the EZV. It is stable and stuff, but it does't have any of the flash that other carts have.
...Does that mean that EzV is good for the future?... What do you mean it dosen't have any of the flash that other carts have?

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarjibo said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't see the EZV as a great cart to get right now, more along the lines of if you want a cart that will last until the very end of time, I'd say the EZV. It is stable and stuff, but it does't have any of the flash that other carts have.
...Does that mean that EzV is good for the future?... What do you mean it dosen't have any of the flash that other carts have?
I think he means that it doesn't look like the EZ Flash team is giving up and stopping updates anytime soon. They seem to be reliable. And he also means that the EZ5 doesn't have any notable features that any other card boasts of.

I have the card, and I can tell you that it is a decent card. Expecially for all that it comes with (EZ5, EZ 3in1, thumb stylus, retactable stylus, etc.) But to be honest, it isn't better than the Acekard 2 or EDGE. The only thing I really like about it is the moonshell integration. Other than that, I can't say it has much more stuff. But I think you reccomended a good card. It does what it should, and if it ever has something wrong, the team is right on top of updating.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
This is really strictly true, the latest beta firmwares have GBA autopatching, real-time save and in-game guide; the first two aren't entirely stable yet, but given a few weeks, the EZ-V will be a pretty high quality cart for the price.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, the EZ-V has gotten a lot more impressive in the last few weeks of beta updates. The in-game guide works extremely well; it remembers the page you were at the last time you used it and everything. You can even customise the text and background colours to anything you want. It wraps lines so there's no horizontal scrolling, which means that any diagrams/ASCII art/etc. are entirely useless, but for plain text, it's great.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PharaohsVizier said:
The EDGE wouldn't have been bad either.

Sorry to bump in.
But why??

I really do not see what people like in EDGE.
IMHO the EZ V+ is a much better choice.

The EDGE is comparable to DSTT. It has all the basic functions, and you can cheat.
The Team also releases vital updates for game compatibility, but that is it.

EZ V+ has a great team behind it, will have soon RTG and RTS.
Has the best 3in1 support available. (MultiROM etc.)

A friend of mine asked me what flashcart to buy for non tech-savy users.
I recommanded him Acekard2.
Than he needed another one, and I told him he can try EDGE.
Result was that he saif that it sucked BIG time compared to the AK2.

So WHAT are the advantages of EDGE (compared eg. to the EZ V+ or AK2)

EDGE is more sturdy than AK2 ... but so is EZ V+!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.