Weird Friend Code Glitch

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two 3DS's, an o3DS and a n3DS. When I got my n3DS I copied the NAND of my o3DS onto the new one so I wouldn't have to change anything. Unfortunately this means both 3DS's have the same friend code. I used godmode9's option to delete the friend code and list off the o3DS so it can generate a new one, which it did. But now when I tried to add the two 3DS's as friends, the o3DS does this. The o3DS doesn't show the right mii or name when I tried to register the n3DS with the previous friend code. Is there anyway I can fix this? Or will it not be a problem?

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
on the new3ds edit your personal mii as the old one, it should be okay then. probably when u copied the nand it didnt copy the data that was present, i.e miis

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the new3ds edit your personal mii as the old one, it should be okay then. probably when u copied the nand it didnt copy the data that was present, i.e miis
Hmm problem is the old Mii is my sibling who Im planning to give the o3DS to... Copying my NAND to my n3DS was something I did 3 years ago haha.

Edit: whats also weird is that if i try to add locally, it just gives me an error saying it could not connect.

Last edited by FarisMarie,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is largely unexplored territory and I doubt you will find a satisfactory answer. At least it hardly matters at this point if you somehow trigger a ban from online services.

When I got my n3DS I copied the NAND of my o3DS onto the new one so I wouldn't have to change anything.
Do you mean that you did a System Transfer and then restored a NAND backup on your o3DS? Because I can't imagine how this is supposed to work otherwise.

I used godmode9's option to delete the friend code and list off the o3DS so it can generate a new one, which it did.
What exactly did you delete? Did you log off the NNID too?

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is largely unexplored territory and I doubt you will find a satisfactory answer. At least it hardly matters at this point if you somehow trigger a ban from online services.
Fair enough. What worries me is my NNID I use for my 3DS is tied to my Switch.

Do you mean that you did a System Transfer and then restored a NAND backup on your o3DS? Because I can't imagine how this is supposed to work otherwise.

What exactly did you delete? Did you log off the NNID too?
Ah yes. That's how I did it, I remember now. I deleted the NNID on the o3DS through gm9 back then. Today I deleted the friendcode on my o3DS through gm9 as well.

Edit: in gm9 if you go to scripts > gm9megascript > misc. there is an option to clear friendcode/list

Last edited by FarisMarie,

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hopefully it is just a visual bug. It only occurs on that specific 3DS anyways.

Yes they're the same region
At this point i don't think it's a big deal. Make a NAND backup of both 3DSs, and add the o3ds on the new one. If for some reason it brickes jsut reset the backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?