Hacking I really need help >>>Noob Lost<<<

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Your cia are failing because you didn't update your databases. You need to find two files, title.db and some thing I forgot. And you need to put those 2 files in the Nintendo 3ds folders. After that boot up your 3ds and go into data management, it should give an error and saying something about rebuilding
That results in a different error (something like "No database" or "missing database"). The error he was getting suggests either CIA corruption, bad SD card, or non-patched sig checks. I suspect the latter as I think there was confusion about the difference between sysnand, emunand and pasta mode sysnand. He's following a tutorial now which includes the db rebuild, and I think he understands the various NANDs now :)

Reactions: cooroxd

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, thanks to you now i do, but i gotta say it´s pretty confusing all together. i am not the noob kinda guy usually, flashed nearly any of my devices with various FW´s, from sat settopboxes, mobilephones, ps2, ps3, xboxes and any sort of device, but this ds thing really messes up my head, or to quote richmond from the it crowd: It´s drivin´me outa my tiny little mind

XD XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, next question:

I ran Emunand succesfully, backed nand.bin up, reformatted sd in emunand, partition was created. now the tut says:
So go into Homebrew Launcher again, start TinyFormat, press Y and format your SysNAND.[/qutoe]

this means booting up the ds without pasta, as the nands are still linked, right?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that easy to get your head around the different NANDs. Just keep in your mind that sysnand is inside a chip on the 3DS board, and emunand is on your SD card. If you don't run the CFW launcher (Cakes/Rei/rxTools) then you're not in emunand. And if you run pasta, you're in sysnand.

You're making good progress :) With regard to TinyFormat, the important thing to understand is that it will format whichever NAND you are in. You want to format sysnand, so yes you need to boot sysnand. I don't believe it makes any difference whether you run Pasta or not at this stage (remember, Pasta leaves you in sysnand, not emunand). But I don't think you need to run Pasta, as TinyFormat can do its thing using homebrew hax. So, you just need to cold boot your 3DS to sysnand, run homebrew hax (BrowserHax, Ninjhax, whatever), then launch TinyFormat and format the NAND. Since you launched it from HBL while in sysnand, it will format sysnand.

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
moving on... ;)

moved on, did a thing wrong...
Using TinyFormat, the problem of NNID not being linked anymore will not appear. So go into Homebrew Launcher again, start TinyFormat, press Y and format your SysNAND.
  • if this doesn't work for you or you don't have / care about NNID, you can also unlink by formatting the device with System Settings. Go to System Settings, Other Settings, scroll to the last page and choose Format System Memory. Now remove your microSD and continue. When formatting is done, reboot the device and put your microSD back in. Do not forget removing your microSD, or it will delete everything on it.
of course i forgot to remove the sd card, but now i guess thats not that kinda problem as it was formatting sysnand anyway, so just copy over it´s content from the backup and continue should do it right, nands are gonna be unliked eitherway right ?

me<<<stupid :(

and yes, i am an idiot.....

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so here we go,

i´ve done it so far i think i can boot into emunand with systemversion beeing rei 9.2.

Cakes and rxtools gimme couldn´t load arm payloads. guess i´ll stick with rei then, but what could cause this?

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so reporting back:

i can install cia files without any problem now, everything works flawlessly.

Do i need to updte emunand to a higher version than 9.2?

and what cause this arm9 payload with rxtools? to create xorpad files i do need rxtools right ?

Any other suggestion to convert 3ds to cia (yeah i have googled and searched here and i do have couple of tools found allready, but as this here is extremly helpfull maybe someone else has any ideas?
Decrypt9 should do the trick also, is that correct ?

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll be in the same boat as you tonight, bought a 9.0.0 n3ds today, so far I only hacked o3ds and 2ds so will be something different.

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
same boat on meaning what? i will provide any help possible and in case i am wrong others will please correct me ;)
So where are you starting?

another thing: can i safely update in emunand thru the n3ds´s regular update process without having sysnand changed ? i should be able to simply do so, right?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
@destructor1
It doesn't matter if the SD card is in when you use TinyFormat. It formats whichever NAND you run it from:

Sysnand > HBL > TinyFormat = format sysnand

Emunand > hbl > TinyFormat = format emunand

Either way your nands are now unlinked (you can format either, as long as you don't care about the data on the emunand).

Now you can boot Reinand, go to system settings, double check you've got "Rei" before the version number to confirm you're in emunand, then just update as normal :)

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Love u man ;)

I finally did it. When updated i can safely enter nintendoshop and stuff?
Pretty dangerous though i think

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
true that, but without your help..... i would smashed the DS into something ;)

BTW emuNand ver REI 10.5.0-30E

THNKS

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
same boat on meaning what? i will provide any help possible and in case i am wrong others will please correct me ;)
So where are you starting?

another thing: can i safely update in emunand thru the n3ds´s regular update process without having sysnand changed ? i should be able to simply do so, right?

Im stsrting at 9.0.0 on a new 3ds so the processen is slighy different from what Ive seen

destructor1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, yes you did ;) can i help somehow someway with anything what so ever here in this forum ?
any good advicew how to convert 3ds to cia ?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
well, yes you did ;) can i help somehow someway with anything what so ever here in this forum ?
any good advicew how to convert 3ds to cia ?
The best advice I can give on how to give back to the community is to read about anything on here that interests you to deepen your understanding. Reading other people's problems and the solutions to them will lead to new understanding which you can then share with others in the future :)

With your attitude I can tell you will be a great member of this community!

Here's a guide on how to convert 3DS to CIA :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea I never played that one.