Hacking Question I need some guidance upgrading

AlfredS0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there

So I hacked the switch some time ago, and I have listed what I think is relevant below.

System version: 10.2.0
AMS: 0.14.4
Hekate 5.3.3
Booting CFW - emuMMC

Whats the best method to update? And what is recommended to use today, Atmosphere/sxos/something else?
I'm thinking about playing Skyward Sword, and it seems that I need firmware v 11, right?

Thanks for your reply! :)

AlfredS0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you very much! ^_^

Now how about updating the firmware? Last time I used DijourSomething to update, does that still exist?
I found FW on darthsternie.net, good place? Any disadvantage using latest FW?

And is it nesessary to use the emuMMC? It steals a big chunk of the sdcard..

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
make sure your SD card is FAT32 Latest AMS you can use Daybreak...Download the firmware from darth create a folder on your SD card put the firmware files in it....Use Daybreak to update point it to the folder and then will give you the option for Fat32 & Fat32+ExFAT. pick the FAT32 option.

wait for the update to complete then reboot.

And yes use EMUNAND if need be get a bigger SD card

Last edited by burhansalih,

AlfredS0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My sdcard has 3 partitions, 1. 16mb unassigned, 2. 90GB Fat32, 3. 30GB unknown fileformat
I can't quite remember, but I think that 3. partition might have something to do with emuMMC..? And I also have a folder in partition 2 called emuMMC at about 30GB.

Not sure what I should do here..

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
make sure your SD card is FAT32 Latest AMS you can use Daybreak...Download the firmware from darth create a folder on your SD card put the firmware files in it....Use Daybreak to update point it to the folder and then will give you the option for Fat32 & Fat32+ExFAT. pick the FAT32 option.

wait for the update to complete then reboot.

And yes use EMUNAND if need be get a bigger SD card

@burhansalih Quick question: Every guide I've seen says to always choose FAT32+ExFAT (even though they also recommend having FAT32 formatted SD Card). May I ask why you say choose FAT32? I followed one of the guides that said the opposite and now have the problem posted here https://gbatemp.net/threads/black-s...o-and-no-blue-atmosphere-splash-screen.592299 and I'm wondering if I should have done what you suggested?.

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@burhansalih Quick question: Every guide I've seen says to always choose FAT32+ExFAT (even though they also recommend having FAT32 formatted SD Card). May I ask why you say choose FAT32? I followed one of the guides that said the opposite and now have the problem posted here https://gbatemp.net/threads/black-s...o-and-no-blue-atmosphere-splash-screen.592299 and I'm wondering if I should have done what you suggested?.

The only diff between FAT32 and FAT32+ExFAT FW is the ExFAT drivers

What caurse the problem in the link you postet idk, i have same problem with my unpatched Erista Switch if i choose SD Partition for EmueMMC, but it working flawless if i choose file on SD for EmueMMC

Reactions: OriginalCopycat

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should not really be using ExFAT although you may not have problems with it Nintendo's handling of it is shyte....and you should always be running all CFW off the SD never from SYSNand...

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should not really be using ExFAT although you may not have problems with it Nintendo's handling of it is shyte....and you should always be running all CFW off the SD never from SYSNand...

Yeah - I'm FAT32 on the SD Card and using EmuNAND, but for some reason it just won't boot.

It will boot into SysNAND though.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah - I'm FAT32 on the SD Card and using EmuNAND, but for some reason it just won't boot.

It will boot into SysNAND though.

Ok remove everything atmosphere related...re download Atmosphere and the Sigpatches and put them in the right places and try again....ignore hekate for now.

Hold on....What Horizon (Official) firmware are you on?

Last edited by burhansalih,

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok remove everything atmosphere related...re download Atmosphere and the Sigpatches and put them in the right places and try again....ignore hekate for now.

So, don't format the SD Card (i.e. leave the hidden EmuNAND intact), just delete everything off the visible partition and download Hekate/AMS/SX Gear etc again?

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hold on....What Horizon (Official) firmware are you on?

10.2 SysNAND from which I created the hidden EmuNAND using Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?